Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

short sprints vs. longer jog

wolfman87

i was talking to a guy the other day that was telling me that doing a little cardio every week will help you gain weight. idk if this is true or not but i've been meaning to do some light work on tuesdays and thursdays anyway.

i'm just trying to gain as much weight as possible right now and cutting is of no concern to me right now (naturally lean anyway). i haven't done any running in awhile. i just want to get my heart used to the new weight i've added and hopefully will continue to add. i just got off a cycle and that's one reason i didn't run, because i wanted to maximize my gains by not burning extra calories.

i'm not hitting the gym 6 days a week now (just came off, need more time to recover) so i want to do a little running to get endurance up again. i also feel like a strong heart is vital to continue to make natural gains.

what would you guys suggest for strengthening the heart, if that makes sense? any tips, ideas, input are welcome.

p.s. naturally i'll be increasing my intake on these days to prevent any wasting. sorry for the book guys.:)

From the research that I've seen, improvements in VO2 max are best achieved with high intensity sprint work, in the 400-800m range. Shorter than 400m and you are working primarily anaerobically, anything longer you won't be working at a high enough intensity to achieve optimum gains.

Top Bottom