Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Scared to start this Keto diet!!

CleanLiving*

Hey everyone!! I'm new to this site, but not new to working out :) I recently spoke with my trainer at the gym I worship at lol and he set me up with a keto diet to take me to the next level. I kinda think, by all the websites and articles and forums I've been reading these past two days about it, that he didn't really give me enough food intake for my lifestyle.

If doing this to a "T" my day will look like-
3 egg whites & primrose oil and omegas 3/6/9 supplements
10 almonds & 4 oz. of protein
4-6 oz. of fish (he said any fish) & salad (he wrote lettuce, am I not to include any other veggies???) and use red wine vinegar and olive oil for dressing
A protein shake OR 4 oz. of protein & 10 more almonds
2-3 egg whites & primrose oil and omegas 3/6/9 supplements

I workout (on average) 5 days a week, if the weathers really nice (summer time) it's usually 6 even 7. I'm 5'7" 145.6, I'm unsure of my body fat percentage but from what I'm told maybe it's 20% ..? I weight lift, and do cardio, so I have muscle mass on me already that I really don't want to lose. Why am I hearing that a keto diet is going to shed some muscle mass?? The first few days I tried doing this also, I had HORRIBLE mood swings!! And I could feel my blood sugar going so low that I was dizzy, and nauseous, is this going to be the norm on this diet?? I really just want to shed some unwanted annoying fat that's covering up my muscles. I would like to drop down to 130-135 anything lower I'll look too thin I'm not trying to do that. Can anyone give me some advice??? I need support :worried::worried: I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY INFO!

Hi welcome to EF. I'm not the best person to help here as diet ESP ketto is not my strong point.
There are plenty ladies who will be able to help though.

Good luck

Donna ;)

The first few days on a keto diet are brutal as your body shifts into the low carb mode. I think the intake is too low for your stats and activity levels. I will add, too, that I'm not a keto fan and personally wouldn't use it again but that's my own preference. Others use it, love it and have great results. If you want to do it, I'd plug all that into a site like fitday and get the calorie count and macro breakdown. You can also add in a few more green veggies, like green beans or asparagus.

It'll work in the short term but the minute you re-introduce carbs, you'll see a bump up on the scale.

Last edited:
@Caligirl- Thank you! It did seem a little low for me, this is my first official day doing it exactly as above, and shockingly enough no problems so far but I can't get the taste of metal out of my mouth!! Is that normal?!? I am only doing this for the summer really, just to get that nice bikini body ;) I know my body is most comfortable at 145, so it won't be that big of an issue for me to gain back the 10 pounds I'm looking to lose while on this diet. Thank you though for the advice about asparagus, I love it, so I'm gonna add it to my meals.

@Caligirl- Thank you! It did seem a little low for me, this is my first official day doing it exactly as above, and shockingly enough no problems so far but I can't get the taste of metal out of my mouth!! Is that normal?!? I am only doing this for the summer really, just to get that nice bikini body ;) I know my body is most comfortable at 145, so it won't be that big of an issue for me to gain back the 10 pounds I'm looking to lose while on this diet. Thank you though for the advice about asparagus, I love it, so I'm gonna add it to my meals.

lol...yep, the metal taste is normal. I'd still add up the calories just to make sure you're getting enough. You can switch up some of the fat sources too, to things like natty PB and almond butter, in the shakes. I'd ask your trainer about a cheat meal or a more structured re-feed as you progress. It'll help you replenish your muscle's glycogen levels and maintain some mental sanity.

Good luck! :)

I love the keto. Diet at first your tired and moody but after the first 2 weeks you get back into the swing of things I've lost fat and built alot of muscle and I don't take supplements or anything. I need to but just don't know what route to take on supplements to get lean and build more . I want a slim muscular build not to big just to say damn. Lol. But the diet works I have many friends on it and it makes as huge difference. I been doing it 2 months now....

Keto is actually the only diet I can actually stick with...totally crushes my appetite and cravings and I shed water like crazy!!

So far, all the dizziness went away and I have so much energy to burn its insane. I still have this metal taste though lol my trainer surprised me by saying its not normal, but all the articles I've been reading it says it is. I haven't seen any noticeable difference in my body image yet, just the energy level thats about it. I'm on this diet for 1-2 months, and than I'm going to a "maintain" diet, he's yet to show me that one yet though lol I do take supplements besides the Omegas and primrose, I love and have been taking green tea for years I love the effects, as well as a multi vitamin. I'm looking forward though to having a more defined stomach :)

Top Bottom