Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sassy: July 2006 - 41 & CA Bound

In the past I had looked to my time in the gym just as a very self-indulgent, very physically, mentally and emotionally satisfying pastime and energy outlet. Over the last 5 yrs I've gone thru some very frustrating job situations where I really had very little control to make things "good" in each of the situations (has generally been due to retarded upper management). Since I am single and just dont' have a lot of close friends/family physically near me, I have to have some part of my life to draw satisfaction from or I go nuts. The gym was it. Since I've lifted for so many years, it was very hard to just keep goign w/ no particular challenge in mind, so that's when I got into competition. When my job situation was loose enough that I had the time to spend on comp prep, I took it, and my job was just the time I had to sit thru before I could go hit the gym. And it paid the bills. This is ok for a while. But several times I've hit the point in my job where the longer I stayed in the deadend situation the more it started to count against me - as far my ability to amass quality experience and generally to give enough of a shit to show up to work. Then it was time to go. Each sitaution I moved to went sour & I ended up in teh same situation. This year the additional impact was age--- the ol' bod can't keep up w/ the demands of competition in the same sense of what I know & have known as "competition prep". So that means I have to figure out a new approach and also adjust my goals a little bit. Competitoin isn't really that big a deal to me right now, but it does then again raise the need for a feeling of purpose & accomplishment in some aspect of my life. So it really does need to come from the new job. It *really* does.

To be honest, I've spent all day wondering if I've regretted takign this job here in town and not pushing my buddy in San Francisco to get me hired at his company simply because the other leg of my life that figures in the "balance" we all need in life - social / personal life - suffers. I really don't like ATL as a place to spend my personal time. The traffic sucks moose cawk like nothing I've never experienced and there's just nothing special here to be near (unless you happened to own a house & boat up on one of the lakes -- that are still an hr + drive north). So that means another thing that HAS to happen w/ my job is interesting people and lots of opportunity to travel and hopefully find some sort of interesting activities or people in the area down by my office.....

I still have to make it thru 2 more days before I can start making any honest comments about whether or not I will be happy w/ my decision, but it is so hard.... That's why I still just have to wait and see how things settle in and see what new goals and constraints present themselves for me to set up my life around....

Dammit I ain't gettin' any younger so its important that I get to the business of living.

Sassy69 said:
In the past I had looked to my time in the gym just as a very self-indulgent, very physically, mentally and emotionally satisfying pastime and energy outlet. Over the last 5 yrs I've gone thru some very frustrating job situations where I really had very little control to make things "good" in each of the situations (has generally been due to retarded upper management). Since I am single and just dont' have a lot of close friends/family physically near me, I have to have some part of my life to draw satisfaction from or I go nuts. The gym was it. Since I've lifted for so many years, it was very hard to just keep goign w/ no particular challenge in mind, so that's when I got into competition. When my job situation was loose enough that I had the time to spend on comp prep, I took it, and my job was just the time I had to sit thru before I could go hit the gym. And it paid the bills. This is ok for a while. But several times I've hit the point in my job where the longer I stayed in the deadend situation the more it started to count against me - as far my ability to amass quality experience and generally to give enough of a shit to show up to work. Then it was time to go. Each sitaution I moved to went sour & I ended up in teh same situation. This year the additional impact was age--- the ol' bod can't keep up w/ the demands of competition in the same sense of what I know & have known as "competition prep". So that means I have to figure out a new approach and also adjust my goals a little bit. Competitoin isn't really that big a deal to me right now, but it does then again raise the need for a feeling of purpose & accomplishment in some aspect of my life. So it really does need to come from the new job. It *really* does.

To be honest, I've spent all day wondering if I've regretted takign this job here in town and not pushing my buddy in San Francisco to get me hired at his company simply because the other leg of my life that figures in the "balance" we all need in life - social / personal life - suffers. I really don't like ATL as a place to spend my personal time. The traffic sucks moose cawk like nothing I've never experienced and there's just nothing special here to be near (unless you happened to own a house & boat up on one of the lakes -- that are still an hr + drive north). So that means another thing that HAS to happen w/ my job is interesting people and lots of opportunity to travel and hopefully find some sort of interesting activities or people in the area down by my office.....

I still have to make it thru 2 more days before I can start making any honest comments about whether or not I will be happy w/ my decision, but it is so hard.... That's why I still just have to wait and see how things settle in and see what new goals and constraints present themselves for me to set up my life around....

Dammit I ain't gettin' any younger so its important that I get to the business of living.

Can you still push the guy for the one in San??

ck2006 said:
Can you still push the guy for the one in San??

I've verbally accepted (and confirmed w/ an email) the job here - the deal in SF would take a few weeks to do.

Ugh.

There are other things that are considerations in cost, etc. I guess the biggest issue was timing on the job, but mostly I"ve had quite a time getting rid of my house, not sure how I would deal w/ supporting it AND an apt in SF. God I don't know. I guess its a done deal so I'll just go w/ it for a while...

Sassy69 said:
I've verbally accepted (and confirmed w/ an email) the job here - the deal in SF would take a few weeks to do.

Ugh.

There are other things that are considerations in cost, etc. I guess the biggest issue was timing on the job, but mostly I"ve had quite a time getting rid of my house, not sure how I would deal w/ supporting it AND an apt in SF. God I don't know. I guess its a done deal so I'll just go w/ it for a while...

Are you still trying to sell your house then?

ck2006 said:
Are you still trying to sell your house then?

Its still on the market. I personally really want to get rid of it - its too big for me, too far away from everything. I could get an apt for 1/2 of my mortgage or even something nice closer to work.

Sassy69 said:
there's just nothing special here to be near (unless you happened to own a house & boat up on one of the lakes -- that are still an hr + drive north). So that means another thing that HAS to happen w/ my job is interesting people and lots of opportunity to travel and hopefully find some sort of interesting activities or people in the area down by my office.....

Word to the wise. Beware if someone asks you to go waterskiing. It sounded like fun to me this summer. It turned out to be the most embarrassing experience ever. I got dragged around the lake 30 times. I could never get up. Everyone was hysterical and took this lovely picture. A house on the lake and a nice boat isn't ALL that, it almost tore my hamstring. I'd rather go to the gym any day. :rolleyes:

Maybe you'll meet the man of your dreams at this new job! :qt:

trimojo said:
Word to the wise. Beware if someone asks you to go waterskiing. It sounded like fun to me this summer. It turned out to be the most embarrassing experience ever. I got dragged around the lake 30 times. I could never get up. Everyone was hysterical and took this lovely picture. A house on the lake and a nice boat isn't ALL that, it almost tore my hamstring. I'd rather go to the gym any day. :rolleyes:

Maybe you'll meet the man of your dreams at this new job! :qt:
Awwww it's such a great workout though once you get the hang of it!! Like riding a bike! :) I have NEVER been ALL OVER SORE the way I get after skiing, NO JOKE, gym cannot compare! You look like you got uo there!!!
Sorry for the jack Sass...

SOMEONE ELSE HAS TO WORK TOMORROW!!!!!!

YEE HAW!!!!

*Bunny* said:
Awwww it's such a great workout though once you get the hang of it!! Like riding a bike! :) I have NEVER been ALL OVER SORE the way I get after skiing, NO JOKE, gym cannot compare! You look like you got uo there!!!
Sorry for the jack Sass...

SOMEONE ELSE HAS TO WORK TOMORROW!!!!!!

YEE HAW!!!!

LMAO! I know! I was thinking that this morning....

mojo- my mom's family has lived on a lake for as long as I can remember, I'm a water junky and have waterskiied since being a kid - I'm not a whiz at it but I've done it. My point is that its not like being able to go to the beach - if you don't have access to someone w/ a boat or a house up on that lake, you ain't going. I'm a water person - I know a lot of people say "I'm a water person" -- I grew up on Lake Superior. Grandparents live on one of the "10,000 lakes" in the "land of 10,000 lakes", I've already determined where I want my ashes dumped and it will be on the backside of the 3rd reef in 80ft of water off of Pompano Beach, FL. If I didn't have to breathe I could just live down there at that depth. When I lived in Arizona for the first 2 months I lived there I didn't have a car so I'd borrow a bike, pick a direction and go to see if I could find water somewhere. I guess I can't express enough how landlocked I feel here w/o access to the ocean somewhere. (and sorry - a 6 hr drive to my parents' condo isn't pulling it either...) Its just where my current job situation has led me and I haven't been able to orchestrate an escape yet.

Anyway.. just trying to make it to "somewhere".

And thus begins the Sunday ritual of prepping for the week.....and now for you too!

Hope you enjoy your 1st day at the new job!! :heart:

jenscats5 said:
And thus begins the Sunday ritual of prepping for the week.....and now for you too!

Hope you enjoy your 1st day at the new job!! :heart:

Wohoo! Just like the first day of school.... The hardest part will probably be finding my way down there & not getting lost again...

Top Bottom