Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Right shoulder pain on dips (my 5x5 tri exercise)

I eliminated dips because of the sternal pain they caused me after 1-2 sessions of doing them...

The result: no more sternal pain

Personally I think some of us aren't "designed" for dips

needsize said:
I would say go with close grip as your 5x5 as well, but as for dips, if you use a narrow grip, and keep your elbows in close, it'll keep more stress off your shoulders

You, sir, are brilliant.

See, I had done dips before with no problem with a lot of weight on my belt. Since I took two months off to be beaten up for one month and then live like a slob for another, I decided to ease back into it and started off with zero weight.

EAch session I tried dips (4 in all), the pain would be less and less. I added a mere 10 lbs to the weight belt last time and didn't really feel any shoulder pain until the last set.

However, this time, I remembered the words of the wise needsize and kept the elbows in close. No pain, no problems, great tri workout.

I will get some bands and start doing some rotator cuff work either at wake or in the morning, and I will start my dip work with a few at -50 on the gravitron, but my real problem was that when I returned to doing dips, I wasn't using proper form, and now I am, thanks to Mr. Needsize.

Top Bottom