Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Right shoulder pain on dips (my 5x5 tri exercise)

Synpax

Hi,

The last two times I did dips after about 2months off from lifting, my right shoulder was hurting from the upward pressure.

This is the same day I do 5x5 chest, and the shoulder doesn't hurt with any of my other excercises because none of them push it up like dips do.

Today I tried again and it didn't really hurt until the last set becacuse, until then, I think I was doing them at a kind of angle that didn't upset it. But I must have changed something on that last one that changed it.

AGain, this is just my right shoulder. Any suggestions on what I should do?

I really like weighted dips, and I am loath to pick another 5x5 exercise for my tris. CG are sort of out because I already did regular presses for my chest.

All thoughts welcome.

I use them as my 2x10. I don't think they are good for the 5x5 exercises because it is difficult to do them with a lot of weight, like close-grip flat bench or weighted dips.

i would use CG...your body's telling you it doesnt like something with those dips, so leave them alone for a while. Personally i love dips but havent done them in about a year, just to painful for me

Personally I would never use a 5X5 routine on arms. That rep range is way too low for me on the arms. Ill often hit 3-5 rep sets for arms through out my routine, but I go through all the rep ranges at some point in my routines. I always aim to keep the reps higher. Lower reps put alot of pressure on my joints due to the very heavy weights and dont fatigue me for long. I feel I can really tear the shit out of my arms with some 10-15 rep sets to complete failure. So those make up the bulk of my arm training. Id rather do 160 for 10 on preacher curls then 5 sets of 200 for 5, or something similiar. Though I always do some heavy sets. Id reccomend an exercise, but I cant think of anything for triceps that Id want to do in the 5 rep range. Lots of strain on the joints for me personally. Close grip bench is probabally the closest thing to dips. I love skull crushers on an incline also but I usually keep the reps above 10 for the most part.

I also hurt my shoulders doing dips and bench dips :worried:

lowest i go for arms is 6-8. I dont think you need a 5x5 all the time for arms, as beast said. put it this way, you get low volume high load work with shoulders, and chest on your presses. just my opinion

CoolColJ said:
Are you doing any sort of rotary cuff and lower/mid trap work?

If not now is the time!

I don't know if my exercises are covering that. What exercises/motions do?

Top Bottom