Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recovery Guilt - Advice?

highoctane

Today I needed to take a day off of rest. Yesterday consisted of a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class, and an hour of cardio at the gym after that so I'm just ruined. Perhaps it's just me, but I always feel like crap when I have to take a day off to recover. I understand the reasoning behind why we need to, but why doesn't it click mentally? Do any of you go through this? It feels like a let down to have to stay home even when I can barely walk. :verygood:

Any thoughts?

Sometimes you need a break. Don't feel guilty. Resting will allow your body to heal. Would you rather continue and hurt your body more which may result in a longer break?

I took a longer break than you, Felt guilty for the first few days, but it was the right choice for me to make. The break allowed me to focus on some personal issues.

Don't worry too much about the break.

Last edited:
we get so obsessed with the "doing" (e.g. training) and the "not doing" (e.g. carbs) that we can't deal w/ the opposites. The problem is that everythign that we do as human beings has had a purpose but we sometimes go to extremes and forget that it all has a place in the order of things.

I like to say the human body is an almost perfect biochemical machine but we just don't know how it all fits together yet. And that knowledge is skewed by media, marketing and quickie answers.

I can definitely relate. I find it very difficult to take a day off, but I am gradually learning to listen to my body. When you feel tired, worn down, and so sore you can barely move, YOU NEED A BREAK! Then when you get back to the gym the next day or a couple of days later you will feel amazing and full of energy again. If you keep pushing yourself to go when you need a break, your body never gets a chance to recover and get re-energized. This can lead to you getting sick and worn down to the point that you can not work out. So trust your body and give it a rest. Nothing bad will happen if you take a day off. Only good can come from it.

I think you just need a change of mind-set.....

Muscles grow & repair during rest........Working them breaks them down -- rest builds them up......So it's NOT that you're lazy or a slacker -- Your body IS repairing itself.

Just tell yourself that in your head.....

You need recovery.. or else you will end up like me SICK!!!.. Your body literally gets sick.. your immune system shuts down and you become physically tired!!!

By the way everyone..by increasing calories, fats and plenty of rest I am back 100%%%%%%%%%%%%

Ischia

Top Bottom