Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Read Estate - Mortgate people - jnevin! Some advice and help please

Don't buy a house in the country. Don't buy any fixer upper. Too much work in either case. If it weren't for the wife id sell off and get a cheap apt. No maintenance, low utilities, no fucking grass to mow, etc. Christ, I have 3 mowers and a freaking tractor. etc. etc. Full-time job for upkeep. Everytime I turn around I find something to spend a thousand bucks on. It's a nice place, most people that come out here are pretty pleased with it----but im not so sure home ownership is the way to go in this day and age. Of course now that im finally done with this goddamn ametyville fucking horror of a house I my as well stay. I spent 7 years remodeling this mofo that was a schoolhouse in the 1800's. I spend most of my time upstairs which is a 30x40 room vaulted to 18' high that consists of a big screen, pit group, bar and bathroom. Everything I fucking need.

For San Diego you are looking at something like a townhouse

There's calculators out there that factor in everything. Do a google for "how much house can I afford"

Interest rates just dropped to like 5.625% over the past week with this government bailout of fannie may and freddie mac.

Do you have a 20% down payment?

Its a bummer. I am not unhappy, but I think I'd be happier if I had a nice 3-4 bedroom place with a yard, couple of dogs, etc.

In San Diego that just isn't affordable now unless you make 200K+ per year or are coming in with a HUGE downpayment. Nice homes run 500K on the cheap end, but realistically you are going to be close to 1M to get something that people would really consider "nice."

Oh, I dunno, I get told all the time my home is "nice" and it would go for $650K. 3BR, 2.5BA, 2150 sq ft., on a golf course, so no neighbors behind us, in a very good school district (not SD). I rather like it. Sure, the beach (Torrey Pines) is 10 miles east of me, but I don't mind. I have pretty much everything I need within a mile or two (grocery stores, restaurants, etc.).

I just looked at comps, and .25 miles away in 3/08 one 1525 s/f, 3/2 home built 6 years earlier ('88) sold for $555K, and another in 3/08, 1949 s/f, 3/2.5 also built in '88 sold for $560K. I haven't seen them, but I know the area and the homes there are "nice" too. The neighborhood is pretty damn nice as well.

Its a bummer. I am not unhappy, but I think I'd be happier if I had a nice 3-4 bedroom place with a yard, couple of dogs, etc.

In San Diego that just isn't affordable now unless you make 200K+ per year or are coming in with a HUGE downpayment. Nice homes run 500K on the cheap end, but realistically you are going to be close to 1M to get something that people would really consider "nice."

Haha...You should move to Colorado.

I just had a 3100 sq ft house built 9 mo ago. and it only cost me $234,000

fuck, that's cheap

and I live in UT

well...parts of CO are cheap. Depends on where you go. We have a ton of CA transplants coming here all the time.

They sell their shitty lil 1200 sq ft houses for big money down there, and move up here and buy monsterous houses for the same price. LOL

Top Bottom