Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rate my Routine!! (if you don't mind)

Slayerbtvs

Hey everyone, first post here and I am anxious for some advice. First a little about myself, I am a 15 year old boy and my friend and I have just started working out abour 4 months ago. At first we made a lot of mistakes, by overworking etc, but after talking with people that have worked out longer than we have, we have compiled a routine which we felt was ok. However the past 2 weeks i have become very unsatisfied with results and just the overall way the routine has been working. Plesase feel free to vblast my routine but keep in mind I am only 15 and is looking to be bigger ( gotta beat up dem bullies ;-) lol) Also I do not have acess to a gym as I am prettySo away we go:
Day1:CHest
Flys:
Incline, Decline, Flat
4 Sets of Each
Bench Press with 5' bar:
Flat, Incline, Decline
alternating each week with
Bench Press with Dumbells :
Flat Inclien, Decline

Day 2: Legs, Biceps
Bi's:
Seated One Arm, Standing Curls with Curl Bar, Seated PReacher Curls with attachment on bench, and Dumbell Incline Curl, 4 sets of each.
Legs:
Leg Extension, Leg Curl, Heel Raise.. 4 Sets of Each

Day 3: Triceps and Back
Triceps:
Lying Dumbell Extension, Extension with curlbar, Single Armed Dumbell Extension, Kickbacks... 4 sets of each
Back:
One Arm Rows. Bent over rows, Lay down raises... 4 sets of each...

Day 4: Biceps
Same as above

Day 5 :Shoulders
Shoulder PRess with dumbells, Side Lateral Raise, Barbell Upright Row, Shoulder Shruds, Bentover Lateral Raises... 4 sets each..

I know I wrote a lot and I really appreciate everyones time they will take my reading my post. Just a few things that I believe we are doing wrong off the spot... on chest we do not increase the weight.. I've heard of increasing with whatever your max is but after much research I have not heard exact numbers to increase with (75% to 80% etc...) Please suggest what My friend and I should do. Thank you all for your time... and I hope my stay on this board will be a long one... Thanks in Advance
-Matt

wow how constructive , you idiot ! give some suggestions if you are going to criticisize !

Try this bro:

Mon: Chest, tris, shoulders
I recommend this as tris, chest, and shoulders are directly worked by movements like bench press, and it is my belief that it is better to shock them all at once. This should yield more results

Tues: Off

Wed: Back, traps, Bis, rear delts
I recommend this for the same reason as above. Additionally, if you separate these two you might be overtraining, as bis are used as a primary muscle in back exercises (many).

Thur: Off

Fri: Legs: Quads, Hams, Calves
Shock the living shit out of them...good luck trying to walk!

That should yield good results in conjunction with an appropriate diet, and appropriate rest.

Work one bodypart 1x / week, be sure you are getting your simple carbs POST workout + some fast absorbing protein, such as whey.

I wish you luck,
bl00d

hey dude

I'm gonna try and help you.. Try this out:
REMEMBER each time to increase the weight... YES, every single set. If you don't push yourself, you will never progress.. Dont worry, you'll get used to it.

DAY 1 Chest/Tri's:
Warmup

Incline cable flyes- 10x3
Flat dumbbell OR Flat Barbell Press-10/8/8/6
Lower Cable crossover's-10x4
Decline press(again, either bar or dumbbells)10,8,8,6
Finish off with 3 sets of dips, each set until failure.

-Tri's-

Tri Extension-12,10,10,8
Skullcrushers- 10,8,8,6
Tricep Kickbacks- 10,10,10
-----------------------

DAY 2 Back/Biceps

Back
Warmup and stretch
Widegrip Pullups- 3 sets till failure
T-Bar- 2 sets wide grip, 10,8..
2 sets inner grip, 8,6
Lat Pulldowns- (Wide Grip) 10,8
(Triangle Handle) 8,6
Seated Rows- 8,8,6,6
Reverse Roman Chairs, 10,10,10

Biceps
Standing Alternate Bicep Curls, Heavy-10,8,6(each arm)
Straight Bar Curls- 10,8,8
Cable Curls- 10,10
-----------------------------------

Day 3--------REST!-----------

Shoulders
WARM UP
Dumbbell Military Press - 10,8,8,6
Front Raises(SLOW and STRICT)- 10,10,8,8
Side Raises,10,10,10
Rear Delt Raises 10,10,8,8
Dumbbell Shrugs-10,8,8,6, Work em hard!
----------------------------------
Day 4 Legs

At your age, I would not recommend squats, but if you want to go light, that would be a good idea. If you choose this route:
Squats- 10,8,8,6(Strict, ask someone how to do it)
Leg Press- 10,8,6
Leg Curls-10,10,8,8
Leg Extension- 10,10,8,8
Calve Raises- 10,10,10,10
---------------------------------

Day 5-------------- REST!--------------

Thats basically it. If you would like to incorporate some abs 3-4 days a week, that would help too. Bro, you will not see results in two weeks, so lose that thought. It takes years and years of practice. This is a tough sport, and be sure u want to make the committment before you start. I'm sure you will make the right choice, as the sport gets you plenty of attention when you actually start getting somewhere, especially from the ladies
:D :angel: And dude, if you can get to a gym in any way, do it.. Even a school gym is great, that is where i made some of the biggest gains. Trust me, you can do it. and if you have any further questions, feel free to email me @ [email protected]. Peace, and good luck

Oh, and as Blood Drinker suggested, look into a proper diet. Its definitely a big part of all of your gains. Take care

"hey you idiot" ?... ah nevermind.

I personally think the routine sucks and I would scrap it. never do incline flat and decline barbell, what a waste of time... pick one barbell movement, one dumbell movement and one cable/machine movement.
do not do completely different types of movements on the same day, like triceps and back for example.
and never workout more than 3 days in a row.

looking at the way you wanted to split it up I'd probably take this approach:

day:

1. chest, triceps
2. legs, abs
3. off
4. shoulders, traps, abs
5. back, biceps
weekend off.

All are good suggestions but for the last 5 months i have been concentrating on 1 body part per day. I concentrate totally with high sets and low heavy reps (increasing weight all the time until maximum is 3 sets with spot. When i reach this weight i repeat 3 times and then start decreasing the weight and increasing the reps.
I have seen great results in both size and definition.

Example:

Day 1 Chest
Day 2 Tri & Bi
Day 3 Back
Day 4 Shoulders
Day 5 Legs
Day 6 Off
Day 7 Off

Then change body parts around for sepearte days

Some people like a day rest in the middle but i have found this way if you go to max it is better to have long lay off at end and then suprise the body on what body part next week.

I am sure this will not work for everyone but maybe worth a try as it makes sure everybody part gets major work.

Good suggestions. Try them and see what works for your body type.

Basically to sum up some of the basic concepts..

Try not to mix Pushing movements and Pulling movements on the same day.
Split them up, Do pulling one day and Pushing another.

Pushing: Chest, Tri's,
Pushing: Shoulders
Pulling: Bi's, Back, Traps
Both: LEGS

Take a day off in the middle of your workout week and rest OR do cardio only.

Increase your Daily Protein intake from multiple sources (Whey, Chicken, Tuna, Egg, Turkey).

Get lots of Sleep.

Find a time that you will not be interrupted each day to workout. Don't make simple excuses for missing a workout.

Whatsup I didnt have too much time and I just looked at your shoulder & chest workouts and they both seem to be okay for the most part... I am going to post what I think of your chest workout because chest is by far my most outstanding bodypart. My chest sits up on top of my rib cage.

Day1: Chest
Flys:
Incline, Decline, Flat
4 Sets of Each
Bench Press with 5' bar:
Flat, Incline, Decline
alternating each week with
Bench Press with Dumbells :
Flat Inclien, Decline

In my opinion, any good chest workout should always begin with a good basic mass-builder, not a fly movement. Flyes help shape and widen the pecs more than going strictly for piles of mass. I dont know if you are going for cuts or mass I am assuming cuts because its almost summer but none the less I would start with either incline barbell or incline dumbbell presses. I feel that every bodybuilder who doesnt start off their chest workout with an incline movement lacks upper pec development which is much more aesthetically appealing. It gives the armored-plate look rather than the droopy look.

I can see that you train with high-volume which works extremely well for me as well. I do 5 different exercises for chest and 3 pyramidding sets of each increasing the weight each set. My reps go 10/8/6 respectively. So my suggestion is to start with an incline movement maybe alternating barbell/dumbbell every workout and then move onto a fly movement.

Alternating a press movement with a fly movement has REALLY helped out my chest development. EXTREME muscle soreness was the first it was working so well. I trained chest on Sunday and my pecs are still killing me. My workout went like this:
Incline Dumbbell Presses
Incline Dumbbell Flyes
Decline Smith Machine Presses
Flat Dumbbell Flyes
High-Cable Crossovers
My next chest workout will be incline barbell presses, incline flyes, decline dumbbell presses, flat flyes, and low-cable crossovers.

You dont have to use any of my suggestions but I would seriously recomend starting with a heave basic pressing movement for mass. Peace. :D

Top Bottom