Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question from my wife

nice shotTX

So heres the cliff notes: type 1 diabetic, she weighs 198, shes 5'6", eats around 1200 calories a day, strictly healthy food (no ice cream, fried food etc), lots of water. She does a "spin class" which is basically all stationary bike work, plus they mix in some push up / crunch stuff. . . not my thing. She isnt loosing weight, just maintaining. She wants to try this product because the neighbor lady lost a bunch of weight with it. OxyELITE Pro - The USP Labs Fat Burner That's MELTING the Market

So for the non cliff notes:

Im on NTBM in the store drooling over the stuff I wanna get next week and I get a text telling me all this hype about the neighbor lady lost like 30 some odd pounds and she doesnt work out and its this magical pill. . . . I call bullshit. How can someone drop 30 pounds by simply taking a pill?

Shes got the stats I listed above, and she works her ass off in the gym. Shes never come home without being drenched in sweat. Even people I know from her class compliment her and how shes a bad ass and works harder than anyone else. . . [enter the dilema]

Shes contimplating liposuction or some shit thats not covered by our insurance, and will cost me about $6,000. Her ideal weight or "goal" weight is to get back to where she was about 5 years ago when she was in high school (yes, I robbed the craddle, shes 23) at about 150 pounds. I saw the pics, and she was looking DAMN fine. Nice toned body, she ate like shit, only worked out at her softball practice and games, other than that typical lazy high schooler.

As of lately shes becoming more obssesed with getting into better shape (just like me).

If needtogetaas or stevesi or radar read this, I hope yall chime in with the usual quality advice. I dont want her to waste her time with hype, and I dont think she needs surgery, I think she just needs a little boost to get started.

Anything thats diabetic safe for loosing weight?

That would honestly be best asked to your DR.

Agreed, but her diabetes dr. isn't concerned about her weight. . . which she obviously is. Would you say its safe that she could take a pre work out booster before going in and switch to a better multivitamin vs. the chain store brand crap that shes on now? Im not sure putting her on an all out cycle is the way to go, but there has to be something that is diabetic safe that she could start that will help her jump off this plateau shes at.

Her last visit he told her diet and exercise and all the weight will come right off( I lol'd, no way shes loosing that sort of weight with diet and exercise, but he has a degree and I dont). . . that was 6 months ago and shes been dieting and exercising for about the last 3 months. Litterally no imporvement (5 pounds. . . I guess its something but not anything to show for the effort she puts out in the gym).

My concern is I dont want her taking something just because the neighbor lady had some sort of result (which I cant even verify), and her to get her hopes up and nothing happen or worse she has some sort of reaction with a supplement.

Don't start her on any stimulants (DMAA in that pill for example) until you ask her Dr. about them... he may know of a pre-existing condition she has that could cause a bad reaction. Do some research on CLA and GLA (conjugated linoleic acid and gamma-linolenic acid), they're fatty acids that might help her shed fat as long as her diet and exercise stays solid, and they don't cause the problems some of those stimulant/thermogenic fat burners can (heart issues mostly). Be sure to talk to her doc about anything she's thinking of taking before starting it. You should also post a more comprehensive list of what foods she eats so the members here can help you with her diet.

I am NOT a doctor so take this with a grain of salt, but my roomate of 2 years is type1 diabetic and he was able to keep his weight under control much more easily when he started eating more complex carbs vs simple (white) carbs, in conjunction with using his slow-release insulin more often and his fast acting insulin less. Of course you would need to bring that up with her Dr. before doing anything new, but it makes complete sense to me and my roomate that reducing/smoothing out the daily spikes of insulin would lead to less weight gain. Food for thought.

Edit: I mean talk to her endocrinologist to be sure any supps won't affect her sensitivity to insulin or any other med she's taking, not just the family Dr.

well lets start with the basics.. its great she is working out and getting drenched in sweat. but there are a lot of overweight people who i see at the gym everyday.. unfortunately diet is gonna determine how much success you have.

so lets go back to the basics and see an honest assessment of what she eats.. right off the bat it seems like she has thyroid issues which is common in overweight woman, fortunately you can speed up the metabolism and help the thyroid with dark green veggies.. this is the #1 advice i can give you.

lets see what all she is eating .. and try and eliminate the bad stuff, and add the good stuff.

well lets start with the basics.. its great she is working out and getting drenched in sweat. but there are a lot of overweight people who i see at the gym everyday.. unfortunately diet is gonna determine how much success you have.

so lets go back to the basics and see an honest assessment of what she eats.. right off the bat it seems like she has thyroid issues which is common in overweight woman, fortunately you can speed up the metabolism and help the thyroid with dark green veggies.. this is the #1 advice i can give you.

lets see what all she is eating .. and try and eliminate the bad stuff, and add the good stuff.

I would agree with the thyroid issue from what we have been looking at.

Daily diet consists of:

Bananas, strawberries and a Visalus smoothie in the am
Fruit (apples / oranges) as snacks as needed
Lunch is typically left over dinner - when its not, PB&J sandwiches / sandwiches with fresh deli meat and whole wheat bread
Fruit or even nutrigrain bars as afternoon snack
Water all day and before working out
Unsweatened iced tea
Dinners are either baked or BBQ'd, rarely ever anything fried
Last night was: Baked chicken, steamed veggies (squash, carrots, brocoli), wild rice.
We dont eat a ton of red meat, maybe one night a week. Its usually chicken or fish as of starting her diet. When we go out its almost exclusivly sea food given we live near the ocean.
She stopped eating ice cream at night when she started her diet, she now eats my yogurt, or fresh fruit, almost alway oranges. . . sometimes bananas.

Thats her diet in as close as I can get to being in chronological order.

We talked about the site last night, her weight issue and her goal. I dont think its unrealistic at all. When you consider what she used to look like and what she looks like now, it just seems doable.

I know you gave me an amazing workout routine (the one from your sig), but do you have something for a female who is looking to shed fat weight and get into a better female condition (meaning not all shredded up and looking like a roid queen. . . not that that would be a bad thing).

Don't start her on any stimulants (DMAA in that pill for example) until you ask her Dr. about them... he may know of a pre-existing condition she has that could cause a bad reaction. Do some research on CLA and GLA (conjugated linoleic acid and gamma-linolenic acid), they're fatty acids that might help her shed fat as long as her diet and exercise stays solid, and they don't cause the problems some of those stimulant/thermogenic fat burners can (heart issues mostly). Be sure to talk to her doc about anything she's thinking of taking before starting it. You should also post a more comprehensive list of what foods she eats so the members here can help you with her diet.

I am NOT a doctor so take this with a grain of salt, but my roomate of 2 years is type1 diabetic and he was able to keep his weight under control much more easily when he started eating more complex carbs vs simple (white) carbs, in conjunction with using his slow-release insulin more often and his fast acting insulin less. Of course you would need to bring that up with her Dr. before doing anything new, but it makes complete sense to me and my roomate that reducing/smoothing out the daily spikes of insulin would lead to less weight gain. Food for thought.

Edit: I mean talk to her endocrinologist to be sure any supps won't affect her sensitivity to insulin or any other med she's taking, not just the family Dr.

10-4 on the stimulants. I will also look at the CLA/GLA with her tonight. She doesnt have any heart issues, but her endocronologist is just a hard ass and doesnt really care about her weight. She does, one for apperance, two because its getting to the point where shes cnovinced that she will get worse.

I feel ya on the "not a dr issue" thing. . . thats why we are reaching out to those more in the know than us. She is on a slow release, and also has a fast release for when she needs it (i.e. emergency / crashing - spiking). Im not able to switch her doctor because he wont release his patients to other doctors out of the area. . . dont ask its been a struggle since there isnt one where we live. His goal is her BS and nothing else... He actually told her last time that the diet and exercise would work (basically telling her he wasnt recommending or prescribing anything to her).

Either way, we will keep bugging him as of her next appointment in April. . . maybe the squeeky wheel will get some grease.

Top Bottom