Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Quarter Squats

Deciever

What is the use of quarter squats besides getting used to heavier weights?

And also, while doing quarter squats, i have much respect for people who squat over 400 lbs....i am only 130 and i was dooing quarters with 335, and it felt like my spine was about to be pushed out my ass.....

but any way my squat sucks, so im sure that isnt a lot to you, but i lost 4 months of training due to an injury

I know how your feeling i couldn't do squats from Sept- Till beginning of January cause i tore my acl. Now i am back to doing box squats with 185...i handle it easily but i got to get back into things slowly.

"but any way my squat sucks, so im sure that isnt a lot to you, but i lost 4 months of training due to an injury"

who gives a shit. You can lift what you can lift. Be proud of what you can do. as long as you improve and try. every one has to start somewhere.....even if it is returning from injury.

if you want to be a BB i guess is for your quads or something......if you want to be a powerlifter forget it...unless you use a close stance in comps

Deciever said:
What is the use of quarter squats besides getting used to heavier weights?

And also, while doing quarter squats, i have much respect for people who squat over 400 lbs....i am only 130 and i was dooing quarters with 335, and it felt like my spine was about to be pushed out my ass.....

but any way my squat sucks, so im sure that isnt a lot to you, but i lost 4 months of training due to an injury

Quarter squats will work your muscles in the strong range of motion, that part of your muscles will never get pounded using lighter weights. Go as heavy as you can, I do them every other leg workout and do sets of 20 at 720lbs. You might also want to read a book called power factor training.

Re: Re: Quarter Squats

a0169969 said:

Quarter squats will work your muscles in the strong range of motion, that part of your muscles will never get pounded using lighter weights. Go as heavy as you can, I do them every other leg workout and do sets of 20 at 720lbs. You might also want to read a book called power factor training.

You use power factor training? How is it?
I am kinda doing that too, just to see what happens.

Does PFT works or is it just some dumb theory to sell more training books?

Using power factor training you will be able to calculate a precise power factor and power index for each exercise you perform and for your entire workout. You will be able to calculate ahead of time what workout you will be required to perform next time out in order to meet your goals of increased size and strenght. This means that every workout can pay off in gains; if it doesn't, you will know why you fell short. You may, for example, find that your power shrug power went down 7% even when your bench press went up 34 percent and your overall power index went up 200 points. To get a good understanding, you need to buy the book, you will need the charts and formula's anyhow. My full range did not go up that much after doing power factor training, but each week, I was increasing the weights so I was much stronger. All my bodyparts were bigger after doing Pf training. The only drawback was keeping the records, they were time consuming and you needed a stop watch to record the time to complete each set. You only do one set, anything more and you would be overtraining. Here's my bench results, started pushing 330 lbs for 20 reps and finished program pushing 620 pounds for 20 reps. Your weak range of motion, for example when the barbell is resting on your chest, will not increase because your no longer taxing the muscles in that range. Remember because you will be working out in your strong range of motions, you should be able to start off pushing a lot more weight. Good luuck bro, if you give it a try. I alternate each week between full range and partical range, to get the best of both worlds. It does work and makes alot of sense. Almost everything you do in life is at your strong range of motion.

a0169969 said:
Using power factor training you will be able to calculate a precise power factor and power index for each exercise you perform and for your entire workout. You will be able to calculate ahead of time what workout you will be required to perform next time out in order to meet your goals of increased size and strenght. This means that every workout can pay off in gains; if it doesn't, you will know why you fell short. You may, for example, find that your power shrug power went down 7% even when your bench press went up 34 percent and your overall power index went up 200 points. To get a good understanding, you need to buy the book, you will need the charts and formula's anyhow. My full range did not go up that much after doing power factor training, but each week, I was increasing the weights so I was much stronger. All my bodyparts were bigger after doing Pf training. The only drawback was keeping the records, they were time consuming and you needed a stop watch to record the time to complete each set. You only do one set, anything more and you would be overtraining. Here's my bench results, started pushing 330 lbs for 20 reps and finished program pushing 620 pounds for 20 reps. Your weak range of motion, for example when the barbell is resting on your chest, will not increase because your no longer taxing the muscles in that range. Remember because you will be working out in your strong range of motions, you should be able to start off pushing a lot more weight. Good luuck bro, if you give it a try. I alternate each week between full range and partical range, to get the best of both worlds. It does work and makes alot of sense. Almost everything you do in life is at your strong range of motion.

Cool!

calculating all crap is kinda bad,,

Also moving 900 pound on leg press for calvs is kinda sucky... Not much more space to put the plates on and not much more plates left in the entire gym.....

a0169969 said:

Oh.

Strength DOES increase in full range. For lat poulldown atleast.
I barely could do 1.5 reps with 212 full rom, but after few weeks of PFT I vould easily do 4 reps.... ANd I have been stuckj at 212 pounds gfor some time.

The only thing is full range bench doesnt work... My shoulders are too weak.,.... So its not nessesary fault of PFT.

Thereare some weak points that I am trying to focus on, and am doing quite well. I lift what I lift and all I can do is work on it. I hack squat 540 for full sets... I think it's decent, but nothing special. I know I can aways do more and work on it. My bench is really low, last I checked... that was a while ago. I have focused on my tris to get the strength up because they are weak. I feel that I see my progress, but satisfacton will never be there.

:destroy:

Top Bottom