Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Factory protein..

AfroBob

Hello,

I got my 2 orders of 1.5lbs protein bags from Protein Factory. I got 1.5lbs of Vanilla for my brother and 1.5lbs of banana for me. I want to know how much to take? I just started working out 3 weeks ago. I am 16 and just finished losing 50lbs. I used to be 195lbs and now am 145lbs. I feel like I lost some musclee with the fat because I became a lot weaker. Hopefully I will gain for more muscle back. Anyway, please answer the question..

afrobob. before anyone can help you, you need to tell us your goals. What u hope to accomplish, either you're still trying to cut or you're going to try to bulk. If you just lost 50 pounds i would say try really hard to maintain your lost weight for a little while so that your body gets used to the lost weight and doesn't start packing on all the fat back.
Diet start upping your protein slowly and try to get 1.5g/pound of weight. Include shakes in this category, at least i do. Anyways i drink shakes in between meals or w/ meals depending.
Post workout shake, i don't think there's anything better than 50g whey w/ 90g of dextrose. nothing added except maybe a little juice.

As for now..Im trying to get cut. I just want to be able to gain muscle after losing all this weight. I lost it all low carbing. Took me about 4-5 months.

so you want to continue dieting and cutting... i'm sure you know a good amount about diet considering you lost so much weight. I would just incorporate the post workout shake into your diet/program. To me it's prime time for muscle recooperation and growth. Don't add fats or other stuff to it which would prevent the insulin spike you're looking for. BloodDrinker has an excellent post on this in the Diet Boards. Might want to check it out. One thing i've heard that suppossed to work while dieting... if you're trying to preserve muscle you're suppossed to keep lifting heavy. Even thouh you may feel sluggish keep trying to lift heavy to preserve muscles, and remember to keep them full of protein and nutrients they need.

Top Bottom