Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Problems with post workout shake (carbs) ???

Last year when I wanted to bulk, I experimented with 200 grams carbs post workout (and 80-100 grams protein)!! I always drink it slow though. No problems then, no problems now. My usual is about 50-75 grams of carbs now, depending if I see any extra fat gain or not.

Me too!

It doesn't matter if I have a protein shake with grape juice or gatorade, it TEARS my stomach up! I now have a whole new respect for women giving birth. :)

It doesn't matter if I have a protein shake with grape juice or gatorade, it TEARS my stomach up! I now have a whole new respect for women giving birth.
wow baldbeefman ... that sounds pretty bad bro....

What I did was change to Maltodextrin, and lowered the total carbs.. Will see how it goes... Will try to get back to Dextrose slowly to see where my limit is really at..... Thanks

Try 1g of Ginger root. This will help a great deal

You can also check into Acidophilus, Digestive Enzymes, etc. But no matter what get the Ginger root.

I suggest dividing the post workout shake into two parts: Dextrose & Creatine after workout....30min later take the Whey shake (protein only). This should help with your stomach aches and allows the muscles to suck up all the nutri.

RGC3 & riskybizz007 :

So your saying that you drink a dextrose shake (and creatine if your on it) FIRST immediately after working out, then take a Whey protein shake 30 mins after????? This is supposed to help the protein digest better? I can see where it might since the dextrose would already be in your system causing an insulin spike ... waiting for the protein :p

But isn't this AGAINST the "general theory" that you need protein ASAP after working out...some take right after their last set before leaving the gym!!!

:confused:

I use the dextrose before to make sure my muscle glycogen is full before protein gets there. And if you take the protein before w/ out sufficient dextrose, the whey will be used for energy, muscle glycogen, etc.

You can limit your insulin spike (and nutri absorbtion) do to mixing dextrose & protein (yes whey protein included) together after a workout. But whey is the best to take 30min after dextrose shake due to it's fast absorbtion. Your insulin is spiked and waiting to pump your muscles full of protein. Plus no more stomach aches. You will be feeding the muscles the best way. Just carry two containers to the gym premixed and waiting for water. :D

Just carry two containers to the gym premixed and waiting for water.
Wow, great advise.. and I thought I was the shit by taking my whey/carb protein container to the gym and drinking it immediatley after! I just started doing this for the last 2 months! Now I will have to bring two containers ... :D
But, if Im not on creatine right now, would I just mix dextrose or maltodextrin with water? what type of carb drink is good to use? a Gatorade type? I use the powder so I can make it extra strong if needed.
This place is the bomb!!:fro:

Top Bottom