Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Problems with post workout shake (carbs) ???

vtec96

I am currently taking about 65grms of carbs 45g dextrose and 20 maltodextrose... along with 28g of protein. This is the first time I have taken these type of carbs post workout. Previousley I was using fructose (fruits)!!

Now that Im using these, I seem to get a small cramp/upset stomach about 10 mins after drinking this shake? It last for about 30-45 mins. I know its spiking my insulin which im not used to but not sure why the cramp. Never had one before! I drink one gal of water/day and immediatley after this shake.

Today I noticed that my stool was loose, not normal, (whcih I just concluded happens everytime the day after this shake)! Seems like I am not digesting these carbs well? I am thinking of replacing the dex with all maltodextrin, no dextrose to see if it helps the problem.

Anyone else have any probs with this much dextrose post workout?

hmmm. 65 grams is a lot, but that shouldn't mess with your stomach.

Have you tried a different post workout supp?

Maybe you're on to something, the mal or the dex might be messing with you. I'm lactose intolerant, lastose being a milk sugar.

Also you might want to just try that postworkout shake on a non workout day to see if it still bothers you.

Thanks, I also thought it was alot since i was just taking about 30 g before. This is the first and only post workout drink I have tried with these type and amout of carbs.... This is supposed to help with the insulin spike and the protein absorbtion! But the dextrose seems to be too much. I dont drink any soda or other refined sugars throughout the day.

I will try to replace the dextrose with maltodextrin? Maybe this will help?

vtec96 said:
Thanks, I also thought it was alot since i was just taking about 30 g before. This is the first and only post workout drink I have tried with these type and amout of carbs.... This is supposed to help with the insulin spike and the protein absorbtion! But the dextrose seems to be too much. I dont drink any soda or other refined sugars throughout the day.

I will try to replace the dextrose with maltodextrin? Maybe this will help?

see I can't tell you what to do except experiement, because everyone is different. just keep experiementing, with the maldex alone. eventually you'll find out what's causing the stomach distress.

good luck.

true.. Thanks Nature Boy... Actually I placed a new order today for a new mix... with only Maltodex.. .and only about 38g instead of 65! Will see what happens....... Like you said have to experiment and Trial and Error:rolleyes:

I take 50-75g of dextrose post workout w/ 50g whey. Trick to avoid that stomach upset is to drink the shake slowly. If you start chugging it you'll definately get a stomach ache. 1g of Ginger root also helps a great deal.

riskybizz, I usually take about 5-7 mins drinking it... but the Ginger sounds like a good idea. Should I take it before or after the shake for best results?
Also how much ginger do you take daily? With every meal?

Thanks,

5 min. seems kinda short to me. I take my time and sip it, if you put it in the blender you're drinking all those suds and bubbles which cause a hella lot of gas and eventually stomach aches. If you can avoid the blender it would be better.

About the ginger root, i take 1g w/ the shake, same time.

Top Bottom