Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

post workout meal while on CKD?

killroy70

What are people's thoughts on post workout nutrition while on a CKD? Since I'm trying to keep carbs below 30 per day, it would be difficult to consume all 30 post workout and try to stay near zero for the rest of the day. Most of my carbs come from the non-fiber portion of nuts, a few from my protein shakes (Metrx protein plus: 46 grams protein mix [casein, egg whites, whey], 2 grams fat, 5 grams carbs]), and a few from some fibrous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, etc...). So far, my post workout meals have been pretty much along the standard lines of a CKD meal. Post workout I've been having 6 whole eggs plus one ounce american cheese. Any thoughts?

I eat a 20 g whey shake w/ an egg and some flax oilzz

killroy70 said:
What are people's thoughts on post workout nutrition while on a CKD? Since I'm trying to keep carbs below 30 per day, it would be difficult to consume all 30 post workout and try to stay near zero for the rest of the day. Most of my carbs come from the non-fiber portion of nuts, a few from my protein shakes (Metrx protein plus: 46 grams protein mix [casein, egg whites, whey], 2 grams fat, 5 grams carbs]), and a few from some fibrous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, etc...). So far, my post workout meals have been pretty much along the standard lines of a CKD meal. Post workout I've been having 6 whole eggs plus one ounce american cheese. Any thoughts?

You can't consume more than 6g carbs per meal, no matter what time of the day it is and the situation. Post workout should be like any other regular meal because it will NOT make a difference for muscle gains or anything like an increased rate of anabolims. The lack of insulin prevents any post-workout benefits, maybe creatine would not be included in that.

Mr.X

could one use insulin post workout while on CKD with some carbs to get the benefits of both the insulin shuttling nutrients to the various musclegroups and then resume keto for the fatloss? or would this not work out very well?

read the MKD article, and sound really interesting, but was wondering if it would be more beneficial to time the insulin use for post workout?

i understand taking it in the morning b/c there will be little fat in your blood stream b/c you basically fasted all night, so upon waking u shoot and only have to wait 3 hrs to eat fats whereas if you did it mid day (postworkout) you'd have to stop fat consumption at least 3 hrs prior and not eat fats again for 3hrs post shot.

also, on mkd would insulin be used everyday/just workout days?
would there be a carbup like on regular CKD? since we're using insulin to keep our muscles full and pumped, would there be a NEED for a carbup say 36hrs/week? would it hurt to have a 36hr carbup everyweek? would it result in increased muscle gains to have the carbup?

what im thinking is Mon-Fri insulin upon waking following MKD suggestions(working out M-F). friday night-sat night have a carbup period CKD style. possibly use slin to acheive ketosis on sunday. OR, would it be better to skip the carbup on the weekends -- my goal is primarily fat loss, but i'd like to pack on some lean mass at the same time and the MKD sounds like a winner.

just to clarify here, post work-out carb would be pointless on a CKD because -

it kicks you out of ketosis?

it provides muscles no benefit because there is an absence of insulin?

can anyone explain? :confused: :confused:

I usually take about 35g of carbs (sugar) post workout w/ 8g creatine....and then protein shake about 20 min later.

would it be better to take creatine and carbs before?

wouldn't ALA help keep you in ketosis if taken with the carbs?

jerkbox said:
just to clarify here, post work-out carb would be pointless on a CKD because -

it kicks you out of ketosis?

it provides muscles no benefit because there is an absence of insulin?

can anyone explain? :confused: :confused:

I usually take about 35g of carbs (sugar) post workout w/ 8g creatine....and then protein shake about 20 min later.

would it be better to take creatine and carbs before?

wouldn't ALA help keep you in ketosis if taken with the carbs?
the purpose of a ckd is to control your insulin levels via very low carbs. you do not want to be kicked out of ketosis since doing so reduces your ability to burn fat. a ckd is an awesome diet for losing fat but you will not gain any muscle (more realistically, you may lose some muscle) so your other main goal on a ckd is to maintain as much muscle as possible. with that being said, just follow the diet and do not have carbs pre- or post-workout or any time for that matter except for your weekly carb-up. as for a post-workout meal just have a protein shake with a tablespoon or 2 of flaxseed oil. you will probably feel like shit since your body has been so conditioned to consuming carbohydrates, but persevere through it and you will experience amazing fat loss. good luck!:)

Top Bottom