Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Painful pain

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
After a new leg or chest routine, or after a heavy leg or chest workout you may be sore for 24-48h

But it is "good" pain
Quite pleasant actually ;)

But after a heavy back day, it is just plain pain, really painful

How come ?

could be a number of reasons. i'd say the main ones would be that:

1) the muscles that are sore after a back workout are being used constantly to hold your posture and such
2) back days hit a number of volatile and delicate joints

for me, back days (in fact the whole posterior chain) i am disabled a whole lot worse than other days for these reasons. but if the pain is "too" bad in your case, then maybe it's not just soreness?

The bodypart that I have the most trouble dealing with when it's sore is my chest. It drives me nuts! I lived with sciatica for years in my lower back and down my one leg, but I've worked my way through it with lifting. Very few back issues for me now. The thing that I remain constantly paranoid about is the shoulders. There just seems to be an overwhelming amount of lifters with shoulder problems.

tactile - glad to hear good news like that, esp of weight training contributing to recovery :p

the shoulder problems occur because the majority of people don't work their external rotators, bench wrong, or do at least a little bit of direct rotator cuff work. i mean some people can get away without doing any of it, but it's always good to stay on the safe side

The only soreness that annoys me is when it's in my quads. I love to have a sore back, especially lats and traps. Feels great... :)

super_rice said:
tactile - glad to hear good news like that, esp of weight training contributing to recovery :p

the shoulder problems occur because the majority of people don't work their external rotators, bench wrong, or do at least a little bit of direct rotator cuff work. i mean some people can get away without doing any of it, but it's always good to stay on the safe side
what are some rotator exersise exmaples.

ive gone to all the links posted about it, and all it says really is rear delt work and the lateral raises pretty muich... is there something else i should be doing?- and if so does it go on shoulder day or is it like a preworkout bench thing

Top Bottom