Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ok.. I'll tell you my deal... then you tell me what I should do... PLEASE!!

lafunk

I had a baby about 10 months ago... finished BF about 3 months ago... And I'm having a hard time losing weight now.

I'm on a low carb diet (because I'm addicted to carbs...)... I'm going to the gym 4-5 times a week and I'm doing lifting and cardio... but the pounds aren't budging!!

what am i doing wrong? (I'm watching my cal intake too..)

I don't want to be "ripped", I just want to look good naked... which I don't right now. My weight is proportioned on my body... I don't look as much as I weigh. It throws everyone for a loop when I tell them what I weigh. People think I have 10 lbs. to lose, whereas I actually have closer to 50 lbs. to be down to my pre-pregnancy weight.

*sigh* how did i let myself get like this? HELP!

I don't know my BF%, but my BMI is an aweful 29!! I'm 5'7", 175 lbs..

Ok.. a typical day:

breakfast:

2 eggs scrambled
20 oz. water

lunch:

broiled-herbed chicken
salad w/lowfat dressing
20 oz. water

supper:

salad w/lowfat dressing
lean meat
small potato
veggies
20 oz. water

Nothing to eat after 6 pm. More water after dinner...

Due to the fact that I'm home all day with no one to watch my son, I'm limited to when I exercise. I do 1 hr. of yoga in the am... and sometimes TaeBo (while usinghand and ankle weights) also in the am.

Around 6:30 pm, I get to go to the gym where I do weight lifting... I alternate days... One day I do upper body and abs., the next I do lower body and abs. (but obviously not the same abs every day...) and then 45 min of cardio...

I take 2 multi-vitamins, and a calcium supplement every day.

lafunk said:
I don't know my BF%, but my BMI is an aweful 29!! I'm 5'7", 175 lbs..

Ok.. a typical day:

breakfast:

2 eggs scrambled THIS IS TOO LITTLE FOOD
20 oz. water

lunch:

broiled-herbed chicken THIS IS GOOD W/O HERBS
salad w/lowfat dressing
20 oz. water

supper:

salad w/lowfat dressing
lean meat SWITCH THIS TO CHICKEN OR FISH
small potato
veggies
20 oz. water

Nothing to eat after 6 pm. More water after dinner... YOU SHOULD EAT EVERY 2AND A HALF HRS UP TO 1 HR BEFORE SLEEP

Due to the fact that I'm home all day with no one to watch my son, I'm limited to when I exercise. I do 1 hr. of yoga in the am... and sometimes TaeBo (while usinghand and ankle weights) also in the am.

Around 6:30 pm, I get to go to the gym where I do weight lifting... I alternate days... One day I do upper body and abs., the next I do lower body and abs. (but obviously not the same abs every day...) and then 45 min of cardio... --do less ab work-just correct the diet and that will suffice-try to lift 4 days a week if you can

I take 2 multi-vitamins, and a calcium supplement every day.

BTW, I'm a stay-at-home mom, but my day isn't filled with watching soaps and eating bonbons...

My son and I are constantly on the go... And if we do stay home, I keep myself occupied by sewing, and working on the renovations of the house... Plus housework... Lugging the vaccuum around... not to mention my 25 lb. son!!

We play a lot... and he's at the age where he's on the go... so I'm constantly after him.

hey lafunk! i think u need to eat more and more frequently..... this will speed up ur metabolism. if u want to stick to low carb u may want to eat 5-6 small meals a day...... the first 3 eat a protein and carb (oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potato..) and the last 2 or 3 eat a protein and a green veggie. i would also do my lifting split differently. instead of doing upper and lower body try splitting it up more...... i like this split... day 1 chest/back day 2 cardio day 3 legs day 4 cardio day 5 arms (tirs, bis, shoulders) day 6 cardio day 7 rest.

u need to put a little more muscle on....this will also help ur metabolism sky rocket and ull be able to drop the fat faster. training one muscle group once a week is good....... it gives it a nice amount of time to rest.
make sure ur drinking a gallon of water a day too. after ur body gets used to this diet......u can start to cycle ur carbs. u may need to have a day or 2 where u increase ur carbs......since uve been on a low carb diet for a while now ur body needs lil jolt.... something to shock it so that when u decrease carbs again ur body responds better. doing a carb up every 10 days is a good idea as well. good luck girl!

are you on the pill?

when did your fat come?

what areas is fat concentrated in?

estrogen management may be a big factor...

as above more protein, increase muscle mass...

addition- good beta-agonist and yohimbine (preference for topical, but oral is helpful)

You are under eating BIG time..you need to eat more meals at least 5-6 a day!! More protein...you are barely taking in any calories...Dont be afradi to eat clean protein sources..at least 1-1.5 grams per lb..and complex carbs..early in the day and try rotating them. Lift heavy..and cardio in the AM on an empty stomach...lbs wont come off eating like that...it actually slows your metabolism DOWN....

Top Bottom