Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

not being sore

Tom Treutlein said:
Soreness doesn't mean a thing. Your body adjusts to training and basically avoids getting sore. Learns to deal with lactic acid better, I guess.
Yup, soreness, pump, "burn" are hype terms that don't necessarily equate to squat in terms of muscle growth. They may be motivating or pyschologically gratifying but do not mean much otherwise.

All that matters is getting stronger and developing your muscles.

I train hard and heavy and rarely get sore and still keep growing. Im get pissed if im sore, like today, my body didnt heal itself fast enough. Different gym the past two days and for the rest of this month, chest is perfectly fine from monday, but back is sore as hell today. I suspect it is from a wider pullup bar. Fortunately, soreness doesnt last long for me, so tomorrow i should be just fine.

NYBodyguard said:
also when I do get sore on tris its usally 2 days after the workout

When I train legs heavily I get sore after 12h and it get worse till 36-48h after the workouts then it gets better

just did triceps today and they feel really weak and tired, and i have a feeling im gunna be sore by tonight.

oh wait their sore now

If Growth is from muscle fibers tearing and rebuilding

I would assume that should hurt, which would lead me to belive that is where soreness comes from? To me if your not sore ever then you are not tearing them that much, the more sore the more you tore...

Just my .02

Actually, that kind've makes sense, True. Only thing is, I think people get sore due to the leftover lactic acid in their system and once your body adjusts to training, it learns to flush out the acids more effectively.

Maybe that's not it at all though. I'm really not sure.

For me personally, lack of soreness seems to mean that I am adapting to the routine and its time to increase the intensity or even try some new exercises. I need to constantly increase intensity and sometimes change things up to keep the soreness coming. I always strive for soreness.

Tom Treutlein said:
Actually, that kind've makes sense, True. Only thing is, I think people get sore due to the leftover lactic acid in their system and once your body adjusts to training, it learns to flush out the acids more effectively.

Maybe that's not it at all though. I'm really not sure.

I'm not sure either, but it doesnt make sense that lactic acid would pool in an area for 24-48 hours! but I dont know. sounds like something good to read about, I'll have to do some research

Well I found this web site, it doesnt have much but something you can start from atleast

http://neworleans.fitdv.com/new/articles/article.html?artid=23

here is the extract from the site

2. WHY AM I SORE AFTER I WORK OUT?
You may have a muscle strain, but it's more likely that the soreness you experience after working out is due to delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS). DOMS occurs one to two days after high intensity training and lasts up to five. Researchers believe that minute tears in the muscle fiber and supporting connective tissue are responsible for all of that agony. Stretching before and after your workout can help alleviate the problem. Also, light massage and an aspirin or acetaminophen may alleviate the pain and improve your mobility. Muscle soreness should not last for more than a week. If you are experiencing a lot of pain you may have a muscle strain, so check with a doctor.

helps a little atleast

also, just search for "DOMS" on google, lots of articles to read...good luck

Top Bottom