Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

not being sore

TheOak84

i did 6 sets for triceps the other day with was 3x5 with skull crushers, 2x10 with over head ext and 1 arm pressdown for 1x15. the rest on the skulls was about 2.5 mins between sets and the rests on the other movements were about one minuet. the tempo was 2-3 seconds on the netagive and about 1.5 seconds on the positive... i thought it was a nice workout, but i wasnt sore. is it beecause i didnt do enough or i did too much? or, does soreness not even matter? im pretty sure it doesnt connect with muscle growth seeing my calves are never sore and continue to grow.. any ideas?

I'm not familiar with the exercises that you normally do for triceps, but I would offer two exercises that I used when I powerlifted that really hammered my tri's: weighted dips and rack lockouts.
Skullcrushers are an excellent triceps builder, but when I want to spice up my routine I do both weighted dips and rack lockouts.
When I do rack lockouts I use varying grips, and they are fun because most lifters can use more weight than normal close-grip or supine benching motions.
Just my 2 cents.

soreness is just a nice surprise sometimes. thats all to me. as long as i keep getting stronger, thats my main concern.

You can get sore with low weights if you're not used to the exercice while not being sore with an other exercice that you perform with huge weights

so....

Soreness doesn't mean a thing. Your body adjusts to training and basically avoids getting sore. Learns to deal with lactic acid better, I guess.

my tris dont get sore unless i do drop sets on pressdown and go very heavy on french presses and CG bench

Top Bottom