Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

No chest, need help.

InTraining said:
How are you 3x a week people able to hit a relatively big muscle like chest.....I'm at 2x a week now and feel like once my poundages rise I will be pushing overtraining...

Even with 2-3 worksets and relatively heavy poundages(assuming you are hitting failure) how would the muscle have a chance to heal and grow if one is hitting it 3x a week?

Don't get me wrong, I like higher frequency training, just don't understand how this would work.

Its the same way for me also. I hit chest 2X a week. Once for flat benches and another that focuses on inclines, with speed bench on either day. All together I hit 35-40+ sets of chest per week and with the weights Im using, and most sets to failure, 3X a week would be too much. I cant see low volume and high intensity doing anything for me, I need high volume and high intensity, but if something works well for you then stick with it until it stops working.

Im not sure what level your at in your training, are what your goals are exactly, but 6 working sets of inclines and 6 of flat bench spread out four days apart might be a good routine to hit your chest. You can add flies, and additional work in to each day also. 12-15 reps worked well for me for a long time, but you might want to mix in some lower rep sets also, like 6-10 reps. I always strive to get sore the next day also. Id take each working set to failure. Speed bench is also great to work explosiveness and speed and bring up your benching. Hope that helps!

Top Bottom