Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

No chest, need help.

hes already hitting bench or some sort 3 times a week? how much more frequency could he add..i agree he needs to increase the load which is why i thought 5x5 would be a good way to go!!

Oh, is he really? My bad, then. I think 3x a week is the most one should do. Didn't really read his post, just the responses to it.

How are you 3x a week people able to hit a relatively big muscle like chest.....I'm at 2x a week now and feel like once my poundages rise I will be pushing overtraining...

Even with 2-3 worksets and relatively heavy poundages(assuming you are hitting failure) how would the muscle have a chance to heal and grow if one is hitting it 3x a week?

Don't get me wrong, I like higher frequency training, just don't understand how this would work.

InTraining said:
How are you 3x a week people able to hit a relatively big muscle like chest.....I'm at 2x a week now and feel like once my poundages rise I will be pushing overtraining...

Even with 2-3 worksets and relatively heavy poundages(assuming you are hitting failure) how would the muscle have a chance to heal and grow if one is hitting it 3x a week?

Don't get me wrong, I like higher frequency training, just don't understand how this would work.
by lifting sub-max on worksets, not going to complete failure, and stretching...i believe anything can be hit 3x a week, provided you arent using a lot of volume.

DieHarder said:
by lifting sub-max on worksets, not going to complete failure, and stretching...i believe anything can be hit 3x a week, provided you arent using a lot of volume.

i kinda like hitting it hard heavy and feeling the pain..i dont mind a pump but its gone in like an hour..i hit quads today they will be at their sorest tues nite/wed morn and start healingin time for some heavy deads on thurs

i still hit it hard, usually going to failure on last set, but to actually facilitate more growth faster, i feel like i need to hit the muscle, recover, then hit it again. i do increase the load each week as well, kind of going mostly by feel and it seems to be working now. i tried doing 5x5 each bp once a week and just hated it and got no growth out of it. im more of a low volume guy

and by no means do i train for a "pump" :rolleyes:

DieHarder said:

So I guess failure is not much of an issue since you said you hit it on the last set...Do you think you will have a problem hitting chest 3x once your weights go up say 20-30 lbs per set?

Are the stretches weighted ala DC?

Sorry for all the questions just thinking if I could try this out myself...

InTraining said:
So I guess failure is not much of an issue since you said you hit it on the last set...Do you think you will have a problem hitting chest 3x once your weights go up say 20-30 lbs per set?

Are the stretches weighted ala DC?

Sorry for all the questions just thinking if I could try this out myself...
I dont think i should have a problem hitting it 3x a week even at increased weight, as i feel the muscle adapting to the increased load will be able to take it. However, i also do believe in periodizing things, so if i stalled out i would either switch exercises or switch my training up. The reason im hitting chest 3x a week is to bring it up, im hitting all other bodyparts twice a week.

The stretches are weighted, taken right from DCs training. They definitely help in the recovery department.

Top Bottom