Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newbie checking in!

Ducky1515

Hello ladies!
I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I'm really looking forward to learning a lot about staying fit and healthy!

My stats:
Age- 26
Height- 5'7
Weight- 140

Goals- to lose weight and gain muscle

Current routine- It's pretty pathetic actually. I'm sort of at a loss as to what I should be doing. Generally I do 30 minutes of cardio followed by 30 min of weights. I machine hop and generally stick to the same 8 machines because I don't know what the other ones do.

Diet- is on and off. I am good for a week or two then fall off the wagon. I'm very much an emotional eater and have a hard time keeping that in check.

I would like to utilize this forum to find a workout program that I can actually follow along with finding healthy recipes that I can make when I get home from work. Right now I generally just eat a bowl of cereal when I get home because I don't see the point in making a meal for one.

Oh, I should also say that it's been recommended by a friend that I try Clenbuterol. I'm a bit hesitant because I'm currently taking Celexa and I'm not sure how the two will mix.

Thanks for reading my long introduction and any advise would be welcome!!

Hello and welcome :)

Keeping a journal is a good motivation, you will get support from the other women.

Just a bit of advice, I would not concern yourself with 'weight loss'.

Think about losing fat.

You can completely transform how you look with bodybuilding. Usually though as you put on muscle and lose fat, the number on the scales do not change, but you will be smaller and look FAB.

If you haven't trained with intensity before, it is possible to put on muscle and lose fat, however, this 'holy grail' of fitness, losing weight and gaining muscle, really is a 'genetic freak' thing, about 10 % of the population can put on lean tissue when dieting.

I would focus on one or the other, and see how your body responds.

Also, the machine hopping thing, would you be able to post up what you do in a typical weight training session, the machine, the weight, how many sets and reps, and we may be able to tweak things to have you make some progress with your goals.

Emotional eating, been there! I still do on occasion, usually it is boredom for me now (as I just ate too much on a long plane journey).

Do you know what emotion triggers you to eat?

Tatyana said:
Hello and welcome :)

Keeping a journal is a good motivation, you will get support from the other women.

Just a bit of advice, I would not concern yourself with 'weight loss'.

Think about losing fat.

You can completely transform how you look with bodybuilding. Usually though as you put on muscle and lose fat, the number on the scales do not change, but you will be smaller and look FAB.

If you haven't trained with intensity before, it is possible to put on muscle and lose fat, however, this 'holy grail' of fitness, losing weight and gaining muscle, really is a 'genetic freak' thing, about 10 % of the population can put on lean tissue when dieting.

I would focus on one or the other, and see how your body responds.

Also, the machine hopping thing, would you be able to post up what you do in a typical weight training session, the machine, the weight, how many sets and reps, and we may be able to tweak things to have you make some progress with your goals.

Emotional eating, been there! I still do on occasion, usually it is boredom for me now (as I just ate too much on a long plane journey).

Do you know what emotion triggers you to eat?
so true.

Welcome to the board.Looking forward to seeing more of you and helping you grow. Tatyana is a great women to have helping you.

losing the fat is far more important than losing the weight... focus on the muscle building and fat loss and the number on the scale matters a whole lot less.
welcome aboard!

Hi Ducky! :wavey:

Tatyana is "the woman" here... please do post up what a "typical workout" consists of, also please search some of the threads here for diet advice and post up questions based on what you have read. We are all about support here, but that doesn't mean that you won't have to do your part in YOUR OWN evolution! :)

Also, do you have access to a pool?

Thanks for all the great responses!! I'm really excited about learning a lot from this forum. I will start looking through the diet section to see if I can come up with some new things to eat. I'm not as concerned with the number on the scale as I am with the jiggly parts on my body. If it so happened that I had to gain weight in order to be toned and fit I'm fine with that. I'd just like to start feeling better about my body and hopefully be able to help my self-esteem at the same time.

My current routine is as follows, oh I should note, that while I say I will try and go 4 times a week sometimes it's more like twice a week then other times I don't go for 3 weeks straight!

Day 1: Chest & Biceps
Chest Press
Incline dumbbell flys
Incline dumbbell press
Machine incline chest press
Machine flys
Preacher curls
Rope Pull down

Day 2: Back & Hams& Calves
MTS Row
Front Pull down-wide grip
Seated Rows
Front pull down-close grip
Hamstring curls
Dead lifts
Calf raises

Day 3: Shoulders & Triceps
Smith Machine Shoulder press
lateral raises
Decline Lat Raises
Rear Delts (cables or machine)
Rotator Cuff
Skull crushers
Rope pull-up

Day 4: Legs/Abs
Leg extensions
Leg Press (seated and lying down)
Lunges
Squats
Plie Squats
Crunches

All days are followed by 30 min on the elliptical

Eating- generally I'm ok Mon-Fri but it's the weekends when my routine is off that I Have problems. Also, as I said before I am an emotional eater. If I'm feeling really down and alone I tend to eat and eat even after I feel really sick. I generally eat and entire large bag of M&M peanuts along with a tub of Pringles.

Breakfast- Mon through Friday
Egg whites
1 banana
1 slice of whole-wheat toast with peanut butter

Snacks: Mid morning and midafternoon are one of the following-
Yogurt with blackberries
Apple with peanut butter
Almonds

Lunch:
Chicken with veggies, rice and hummus
Salad with chicken
Tuna sandwich on whole-wheat with 1 slice of cheese, mayo, mustard
If I didn't make a lunch I'll buy sushi or a 6 inch sub.

Dinner: If I'm going to the gym after work (around 7) then I'll take a fat burner (with ephedrine) around 5 and eat either an apple with peanut butter or a small flavored can of tune.

After my work out I make a protein shake. The shake consists of 2 scoops of protein, 1 glass skim milk, 1 banana, 1 tablespoon PB.

Just some thoughts on your diet...

* If you want to gain muscle you should have a source of animal protein (or protein shake) in every meal about 15-20g.
* Balance your carb and fat intake
* Get rid of the mayo
* Begin changing your emotional eating habits, which can screw up all your diet effort and gym training.

Hope this helps :qt:

Thanks Nikkita.

A couple questions for you (or maybe you can direct me to the correct part of the forum to find the answer):

1) You are saying that my snacks should have a source of animal protein- so in stead of yogurt and almonds add in eggs or chicken?

2) What do you mean by balance carbs and fat? Should I start calorie counting etc and make sure they are the same?

I'm sorry if the questions are stupid, I'm trying to do the best thing for my body.

Your questions are not stupid at all....I think all of the diet stuff is the hardest part! You could do 40-30-30 pro/carb/fat. I prefer a little lower in the fat and higher carb but that is my training...to add muscle 40% /30%/ 30%

Top Bottom