Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New to Working Out

Hannibal said:
Ok I have typed this reply several times..and I am going to TRY my best to use some tact...even though I really don't want to. I went back and read the entire thread twice...just to follow the flow of the conversation. And I have no idea where this is coming from.

You asked what the most effective way for her to reach her goals....and everyone said that she should squat and deadlift. If she doesn't want to do that for whatever reason then her progress will be slower. And the women of this board are about progress...so it would seem foreign to them that someone wouldn't use the most effective movements possible.

And its ok for susp_babe to suggest squats...but when Spatts makes the same suggestion she is not geniune? "Debase the status of MODERATOR"??! I don't know what you are talkin about...but Spatterson has the respect of everyone on this board. And that is for a reason...SHE DESERVES IT!!

" I came here looking for help to a routine I posted, and intsead had everyone tell me what else she should be doing that we have already decided not to do ..." Well if everyone told you that what you were doing wasn't right...what does that mean? And if you had already decided what you were and weren't going to do...then whats the point of asking for Opinions?

"She isnt squatting, she isn't deadlifting, end of discussion. Berating this choice at this point only makes you look like an ass." Sorry man...but at the end of the day...the only person on this thread that looks like an ass is you. You asked for opinions...and you got them. If you want her to take the slow road to success...yes that is your decision. But the women of this board are just tryin to help you out when they suggest a better way.

Hannibal, did you really read the thread even once, or just fail to understand a word I had to say?

Hit me up with en email or PM, i wanna talk with you, bud.

NFG

bro,

its the tone and context in which dingo and spatterson suggested squats.

neither even knows me, but only one gave me and my gf the basic respect requisite to the treatment of ALL PEOPLE on this board.

Ive earned my goddamn keep helping enough ppl on the anabolic board to ask for help once a in a while for SOMEONE ELSE without getting toasted.

And if you hadnt noticed, i said ID TALK WITH HER MORE ABOUT SQUATTING.

All these flames have really pissed me the fuck off.

This thread has produced nothing useful, as far as helping my gf who is NEW to lifting try to improve her physique without using squats. Spatt has made NEGATIVE comments on the routine, with some moderate suggestions, I said to failure as in when she cannot or feels she cannot do another rep. Dont most power lifters train this way? Why the hell should she try to when she thinks she cannot, and require a forced rep from a spotter, thats artificial fatigue and counter productive to any kind of muscle growth ... OVERTRAINING. In an untrained state, any kind of resistance program will produce results, she doesn't have to be solid all compound movements to grow, a little ... her main goal is tone, that is the muscle mass she has + 5-10 lbs and less bodyfat (even tho she is amazing)

she doesnt need squats, she doesnt need deadlifts and she CERTAINLY doesnt need gear to do this.

Hannibal, Jeff Willet and Skip La Cour don't deadlift and look at their physiques. Certainly not deadlifting has HURT them as skip has only won 3 heavyweight team universe titles and jeff has walked away with one...when you win one, them PM me and extol the values of deads.

Im not saying they are useless. I DO THEM!!! Ive always suggestions basic compound movements, and I rarely use isolation lifts. But my goals are DIFFERENT than hers. I want to compete, she doesnt give a rats ass about fitness competitions. She wants to have fun in the gym, pushing yourself 110% each time will cause burnout, fatigue and overtraining in most people.

NFG

I recant what I said about you as a mod....point well taken.

I will incorporate many of the changes you suggested. Lower the reps, stress intensity, but stop before absolute concentric failure. In the first few months the nevous system sucks and this will tax it beyond belief. When it becomes a bit more developed, I can step it up a notch, and see how she is liking it and if she can stick with it.

I will suggest lighter squats and light stiff legged deads until she gets form down ... im not going to bother her with normal deads. Her lower and mid back is thick for a small girl, imo, and needs no more work, except back extensions to strengthen and ab work for squats ... i dont wanna hassle her anymore about this.

Ill let her read this thread and make her own response. she made a name but for some reason it didnt come thru to her hotmail addy ... hence im doing this as her agent.

thanks all,
NFG

One of the most critical and important parts of training, no matter what your goal is, is the right mindset. I did read this thread two or three times and that seems to me to be what is lacking. If your S/O thinks she cannot do another rep, then she won't be able to. As for the compound moves (squats, deads, etc.), you already said what I would have suggested: Lite on the weight until the form is down pat. No, they are not necessary but they certainly do help.:) Also, there won't be overtraining if she gives her body the appropriate amount of time to recuperate after each workout and take some time off after a few weeks or months, whatever the case may be. Actually, less reps with moderate/heavy weights may help prevent overtraining in the long haul as opposed to more reps w/moderate (read non-challenging) weight.

My own experience has taught me (and a number of other women as well) that if you do not challenge your muscles, they will never change, in shape or size. IMO, the only ways to challenge the muscles are to increase the amount of weight moved or new movements.

Sorry if this seems like a flame. It is not meant to be. Just throwin' my .02 in here.:D

takn,

great post, not a flame.

I agree. I didnt mean PANSY weights ... ill leave that up to spats with her blue and pink aerobic weight db chest presses :D jk ill stick to the 120's+ on inclines :FRlol:

:) thanks for your help

NFG

I really wasn't flaming. It's just that I have seen myself and other women start off a certain way and get discouraged when the results slow down and stop.

I was then approached by a bodybuilder who showed me how to get results. I followed this and now want to prevent others from going through the years of frustration I did.

Powerlifting moves such as squats and deads are recommended by sports Drs and chiropractors as the best way to use weights to strengthen, protect and provide a base from which to enhance the way your body looks. The bicep curls, flyes etc we all do and the rest of what many think of as a traditional bbing/toning workout can get very 'cosmetic'. Now we all want to look good, that is 95% of why we are all here in this lifestyle - but hey we want to be healthy too and help our bodies work safely and efficiently.

So adding what are known as 'powerlifting' moves will help your body move safely towards your goals, provide a strength base for your whole body upon which the cosmetics can be built.

I do not flame people. That is not constructive. I am not here to be destructive rather to assist and advise with my knowledge and experiences to enable others to progress faster towards their goals without wasting time or injuring themselves so that they stay in the fitness lifestyle thus promoting their health.

Top Bottom