Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New to TRT: what ELSE should I be taking with it?

pvcpeterson

Hi all.

I have been an off and on again lifter, never used AAS or anything for muscle building purposes.

Over the past couple years, libido completely vanished, sexual problems ensued, and I started developing man boobs.

After attempting to get back into lifting after a couple years off due to injury, I discovered much to my pleasant surprise that my problems weren't just "due to normal aging", but rather super-low levels of testosterone and high levels of estrogen. (Found THAT out incidentally through a VA blood test for other health concerns.)

Finally (thanks to this site,) I realized I could do something about this with TRT!

I have 2 cousins who are both docs, and are willing to help me in regard to getting started on TRT.

They are going to refer me to a lab to get baseline blood test values, then give me whatever hormone therapy I may need.

Here is my question:

Generally speaking,(as I know everyone's hormone balances are different,) what ELSE should I be taking besides the testosterone? I have read about folks taking Arimidex, other aromatase inhibitors, clomid, nolvadex, etc.

I don't have a desire to take a bunch of stuff to gain max muscle, I only want to avoid the negative side effects of testicular atrophy or gynecomastia, and regain sexual functioning/libido/get my energy back along with beginning a new weight lifting and workout regimen.

I already have 3 kids, so becoming sterile does not matter--my wife and I are done.

I'm sorry I don't have specific testosterone/estrogen/cortisol/etc values to share as of yet.

Please let me know what other meds I may need to use in conjunction with the TRT.

Thanks everyone for your time!

I think getting doctors who do HRT would be best even if your connections will hook you up...you want someone who has experience looking at the labs and monitoring you over time...

Test, HCG, and Arimidex seem to be standard HRT....if you need it thyroid, GH...

power36 pretty much covered it. just make sure you get test injection. WEEKLY INJECTION. don't do every other week. 200 mgs of test cyp minimum. .05 mg arimidex every 5 days w/ test will lower esrogen levels and prevent sides.

I keep the dose low at 150-200mg a week with no other meds. I only use arimidex when the dose is more like a cycle at 500mg a week. my balls shrink no matter what dose I take. lol I no longer have them .

Thanks very much for the info guys.

My cousins who are docs, also want to make sure eveything is OK with me physiologically...right now there getting together a list of test they want me to get done, and trying to get a good deal for me price-wise through a lab they regularly use.

They suggested starting me off with 100 mg depo Test once per week...assuming that I don't have some other more serious medical issues.

I inquired about other meds in conjuction, ie, the Arimidex, Hcg, etc....they said they would research that, as they do not deal with HRT in their practices.

HCG is what should keep your boys from shriveling up if thats a problem...so get your doc to script it to you or buy it from one of the sponsors here...or you can try HMG every so often I think it is but thats $$...

as for dose its been on some other threads that first off we are all individual, where did you hover around when you were healthy? are you 120lbs or 250lbs like me? I might need more because Im bigger...I might need less because I used to be 500 T levels even when I was max or vice versa I was 1500 when I was healthy so I need to push it until Im near where my mind and body need to be "normal"....

if your docs wont give you HCG or Adex its easy enough to find elsewhere...

and hopefully people are not getting confused...HRT is not an excuse to juice when you are older now, its something you should need for health reasons...if not just learn how to cycle the sauce like the others...I laugh when I see the old doctors on TV claiming they are more ripped and muscular than ever in their life on HRT/Anti Aging therapy...thats retarded, if you are in the best athletic most muscular shape of your life in your 30s-60s you must have been a total limp dick panzy ass growing up and in your prime.....I could juice my balls off and never hit the numers and stats and feeligns I had in my teens and 20s as an athlete....my body structure couldnt take that kind of pounding, volume, collisions, load, etc anymore...

Top Bottom