Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

new squat video

thanks guys
I'm actually only able to squat a certain way, which confounds things a bit. I had brutal bursitus in both hips for years, so a wider stance is out or it'll come back in force. I also cant lock out due to pain in the lower back, which is lots of fun. So basically, with such a narrow stance, going rock bottom, its impossible to avoid some lean at least; physiologically I cant go that low otherwise.
CCJ, I actually have the opposite problem when I sit the bar up high, the higher centre of gravity causes me to lean forward bad. You should see the powerlifter that taught me to squat, he does just over 900lbs in competition, he sits the bar 1/2 way down his back, i have no idea how he does it

You definitely are strong needsize. Have you ever tried using Olympic lifting shoes? The elevated heals will make it easier to stay more upright. I hear you on the hip bursitus though, I've been having the same problem and actually have started doing leg presses and hack squats too to give mine a break.

"I also cant lock out due to pain in the lower back"
this is the problem that is causing you to tip forward. you have very little glute involvement. you are all erector and quad in the squat. which is why your hips shoot back for a second (natural motion) and you quickly compensate by tucking your hips under and leg press it up.

how is it when you deadlift? do you lock out your hips and legs there? how is your low back flexibility?

Nice squat dude. I hold the bar way low too. VERY tough to get used to but once you do it is so much stronger for powerlifting purposes. Puts the barbell right over your hips.

and nice soundtrack

9359142_F_tn.jpg

funny thing is that I can lock out without pain on deads, just not squats. I've actually had my back buckle in the middle of a set when I did by mistake

Damn, I wish I could squat that kind of weight and make it look so easy. The only thing I see is that on a few reps you look like you lift your butt before your head, just slightly. I always push my neck into the bar out of the hole, this helps me keep my butt down. Still, form looks good.

I havent watched the video yet, but by the sounds of it your back is not up to par withthe rest of you sqauting muscles. Now you said you have lower back ppain, thats probably why it goes forward. Big weights = big injurys

Ok now I watched it. I think it looks pretty good for a narrow squat. The wider stance would incorperate more muscles but for bodybuilding purposes I think it looks fine. If you were going for strength, I would change it completly

Top Bottom