Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

need help on comeback program

PharmaPhreak

Hi all!

Hoping you critique my workout program I put together for my fiancee. Heres some stats first:

30yrs old, 130 lbs, bf% ???, she is lean, but a little flabby and wants to shed fat and gain muscle.

I created this program on the fact that she is a light smoker for 8yrs (starting the patch next week to quit), has an extremely busy work schedule, and treasures her free time on weekends.

BTW: she has the ability to gain muscle quickly due to her athletecism (ran and swam in college), but she has never picked up a weight B4.

HERE'S WHAT I WAS THINKING AS A TRAINING SCHEDULE:

WEEK 1-4

Monday: Upper body 3x14’s Chest, Back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps + 20 min cardio + Abs
Exercises: DB chest press, Lat pull downs, DB shoulder press, DB curls, cable press downs

Tuesday: Rest

Wednesday: Cardio Day 45 Minutes + Abs

Thursday: Rest

Friday: Lower body 3x14’s Legs, Quads, Hams, and calves+ 20 min cardio + Abs
Exercises: Leg press, BD lunges, quad extensions, hamstring curls, calf press, thighs

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Rest

WEEK 5-12

Monday: Upper body 3x14’s Chest, Back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps + 30 min cardio + Abs
Exercises: DB chest press, Lat pull downs, DB shoulder press, DB curls, cable press downs

Tuesday: Rest

Wednesday: Lower body 3x14’s Legs, Quads, Hams, and calves + 30 min cardio + Abs
Exercises: Leg press, BD lunges, quad extensions, hamstring curls, calf press, thighs

Thursday: Upper body 3x14’s Chest, Back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps + 30 min cardio + Abs

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Lower body 3x14’s Legs, Quads, Hams, and calves + 30 min cardio + Abs

Last edited:
almost forgot, Her diet is coming along nicely so far. She eats 5 healthy meals a day to start. No sugar, lots of protein, fiber. She still needs to dring more H20, but when we move in together, I will have her eating with me (just smaller portions).

BTW, her attitude is great about this huge lyfestyle change. It's looking promising.......

I like the upper/lower body split for a beginner, and 3x12s is a good rep range to learn how to lift with.

Are you going to teach her how to squat? IMO, it's a more effective exercise than leg press, and since you're starting her out at the beginning, you won't even have to overcome bad squatting habits she may have developed.

I'd also throw in a rowing movement for back in addition to the pulling movement.

I wouldn't plan out her future workout yet, until you get a feel for how "in to weightlifting" she is. Some girls love it and want to learn how to train heavy; other girls hate it and just want to do cardio. Hopefully, you lucked out and she loves it.

And you might want to send her over to this board so she can read some posts and ask her own questions. :)

Thanks JJ, I thought I would get her more comfortable before teaching her to squat, but if she can handle it, I will definitely add it to the routine.

Top Bottom