Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need Help and Ideas....

folligirl

I recently lost alot of weight and want some ideas. Going on vacation in 6 weeks and would like to see some serious results by then. My problem areas now are inner thighs, outer thighs and butt. What are the best exercises for these areas to get quick results. My eating is very clean. I exercise 4-5 days a week. Mostly cardio. I am starting upper body dumbell weights this week for 3x a week. I do take a fat burner and was also considering taking yohimbe and a liguid creatine w/glutamine. I am 5' 5" and weight 116 lbs., so my weight really isnt an isssue even though I continue losing weight. I just was to tone and build some muscle. As for weight machines they scare me cause I am clueless on how to use them. I am more of using dumbells for workouts. I do use the abductor and adductor machine like crazy. I need help fast cause as of the past two years I refuse to wear a bathing suit even in front of my husband.

folligirl said:
I recently lost alot of weight and want some ideas. Going on vacation in 6 weeks and would like to see some serious results by then. My problem areas now are inner thighs, outer thighs and butt. What are the best exercises for these areas to get quick results. My eating is very clean. I exercise 4-5 days a week. Mostly cardio. I am starting upper body dumbell weights this week for 3x a week. I do take a fat burner and was also considering taking yohimbe and a liguid creatine w/glutamine. I am 5' 5" and weight 116 lbs., so my weight really isnt an isssue even though I continue losing weight. I just was to tone and build some muscle. As for weight machines they scare me cause I am clueless on how to use them. I am more of using dumbells for workouts. I do use the abductor and adductor machine like crazy. I need help fast cause as of the past two years I refuse to wear a bathing suit even in front of my husband.

Hi Folligirl; welcome!

In order for you to 'tone' as you call it. you must do weights. Cardio will not help you achieve what you're looking for. You started to weight train your upper body. You need to work your whole body. There's no such thing as spot toning or losing. Also you need to post your diet in order for us to give you any diet advise, but in the whole, you need to have 5-6 meals per day.

Squats
leg press
leg curl
leg extension
walking lunges
are some of the exercises you can do for your legs..

Exactly, toning is building muscle.

You can be 'skinny fat' if you don't have any muscle.

You know those machines are not going to bite you :)

Check out the sticky on training, there is information in that thread.

Does your husband train?

I am also sure in your gym you could book one or two sessions with a gym instructor or PT to show you proper form for the exercises.

Don't worry about not knowing how to use them.

I will let you in on a little secret, most of the lads in the gym don't know what they are doing either :)

Squats and lunges are WAY more effective than adductor/abbductors or any butt blaster machines.

Thanks for the advice ladies. As for my diet it isnt the best. I do eat healthy foods and avoid anything fried, and limit my carb intake to a minimal.

Breakfast:
usually just coffee

Lunch:
Salad w/ grilled chicken or just plain

Snack:
piece of fruit

Dinner:
I tend to not eat much, but usually grilled chicken.

I did start using some of the lower body machines at my gym. Leg press, Leg curl, hack squat machine.. As for lunges and squats I know they are great I just hate doing them. But am planning on adding that to my routine with weights. What do you ladies think of liguid creatine w/ the glutamine mixed in? I took it years ago and it helped me out alot. My husband does train. He use to bodybuild and has done some competitions, but thats going back 14 years. Only problem we have totally different schedules and cant work out together, and the few times we have in the past he expects me to lift heavy.

folligirl said:
Thanks for the advice ladies. As for my diet it isnt the best. I do eat healthy foods and avoid anything fried, and limit my carb intake to a minimal.

Breakfast:
usually just coffee

Lunch:

Snack:
piece of fruit

Dinner:

I did start using some of the lower body machines at my gym. Leg press, Leg curl, hack squat machine.. As for lunges and squats I know they are great I just hate doing them. But am planning on adding that to my routine with weights. What do you ladies think of liguid creatine w/ the glutamine mixed in? I took it years ago and it helped me out alot. My husband does train. He use to bodybuild and has done some competitions, but thats going back 14 years. Only problem we have totally different schedules and cant work out together, and the few times we have in the past he expects me to lift heavy.

Hi there-
Im sure the brilliant ladies here w/ help you with your diet- cuz your right, it really isnt the best!!
How are you not starving all the time! lol
I am your height, but I weight about 20lbs. more than you! haha, and no Im fat at all!!
Definately get to know the weights! They are soo amazing for shaping your body & fat burning.:)
If your trying to get a good lower body workout- definately incorperate LUNGES- Walking w/ dumbells, backwards stationary, side, theyre all amazing.
SQUATS- By far one of my favorites! Do you do weighted ones? in the smith machine? Plie' squats w/ swiss balls are great too- low impact.
Good luck & congrads on the weight loss!!!! :heart:

folligirl said:

Breakfast:
usually just coffee

Lunch:

Snack:
piece of fruit

Dinner:

Folligirl,

I had no idea you weren't eating. If you want to be toned you need to have 5-6 meals a day.
You won't be able to build any muscles with coffee in the morning and then fruit.
I may suggest:
#1 3 eggwhite, 1 yolk scrambled (or 4 eggwhites) and 1/2 c of oatmeal.
Coffee; hopefully with skim milk or none.

#2 Protein drink

#3 Chicken or tuna fish or turkey with a salad

#4 Chicken or tuna fish or turkey with sweet potato.

#5 Chicken or tuna fish or turkey or fish with 1/2 cup Brown rice (start with 1/4 cup if 1/2 is too much).

#6 Fish with vegetables..

Make it small meals like 2 1/2 to 3 ozs of protein, that way your metabolism is always running.

You will burn fat with this amount of food b/c your metabolism will increase. Then, you can add your fat burner if needed. At this point you souldn't take any fat burners.

Do not cut your carbs since that's what will help you raise your metabolism..

Wow, I don't know how some of you ladies manage to tolerate such low calories.

I find dieting on 1800 kcals/day a struggle.

This is the thing, our bodies have all sorts of mechanisms to protect us from starving, and one of the things that really protect us from starvation is fat.

On lower/starvation calories, our metabolism slows down, and even on a severely restricted calorie diet, you can still get fat.

You have to FEED the muscle, it is a hungry tissue.

Even just sitting around and not moving, most women need at least 1200 kcals just for normal functioning, breathing, heart beating, nerve impulses, digestion, cellular signalling, repair..........................that is referred to as the basal metabolic rate.

All of this information in more detail is in the Dieting Information Sticky.

I request you have a peek at it.

Top Bottom