Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

motivate

diezel

i dunno if anyone else can relate........ but ive noticed that alot of the mebersin my gym are not motivated since the sept.11 tragedy. anyone seeing that or feeling that themselves?

Every day...when I read the USA Today...I become motivated. Burger King and the Red Cross always have a full page ad with a pic of someone who either survived or helped at the WTC. Talk about motivating.

The other day...it had a pic of a blind man and his dog. He worked on the 70't floor or something and his dog led him and the rest of several others out of the building. Talk about motivation.

People helping people. That is motivation.

With this war, people are sitting at home watching tv instead of killing themselves at the gym...hmmmm...wonder if I could mount a tv in front of my squat rack?

B True

:devil:
A few members of my gym either worked there or lost family there. The gym is 30 miles from ground zero.
I've also seen new members who have joined because they fear that another attack will occur on our soil and they want to be in shape for it.

I find the attacks even more motivating. It really makes you think how precious life is. I look at each day as a gift, and it's up to me to make the most of it.

Working out and taking care of myself is my way of thanking God for that one more day. (Actually I work out only on M T Th F, but l I think ya'll get the point. :) )

And just because I am living and breathing and have a healthy body that's able to workout makes me very thankful, so that compels me as well.

Yeah, actually, I've been in a worse mood since then, but waaaay more focused. Life is short, as FitFossil says.

Wyst

i think hard times bring out the best and worst in people.. someone might say life is short so i'm going to eat everything that tastes good, and someone might say i'm going to look the best i can. right now my company is pretty unstable, so i go to the gym because i may not be able to change my job, but i can sure as hell work on changing my body... got to see goals met somewhere in life to keep motivated :)

Top Bottom