Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mental eval.

the concept of the "ego" was around long before freud. And really, even he only touches the surface of what the "ego" truly is. He picked up the concept from eastern spirtuality. Yes, he redefined it so it could be palatable to western thought processes.....but the original concept was certainly not his.

Freud was not a quack.

He is in fact, such a brilliant man that most have a great difficulty in grasping his concepts.

He has been seriously mis-represented in modern media.

If you have only heard of his work through 'word of mouth' or the odd reference like the Oedipal complex and penis envy, it will seem odd.

However, most people have no problem using the terms ego, denial, and have a concept of what it means, which are both terms/concepts he coined.

Very few universities offer any psychoanalytic theory in their undergraduate or graduate programs, and very few psychiatrists or psychologists train in psychoanalysis because it is so very complex.

My degree is from one of the few universities in the world that do study Freud and psychoanalysis at the undergraduate level, and his principles have continued to be applied and developed to this day.

For example, transactional analysis is almost a exact translation of Freud's concept of ego, super ego and id.

I would suggest you read about defense mechanisms. It is absolutely fascinating.

:confused: Now you really have me confounded. What exactly are you trying to say?

And no, I wasn't raised in a single parent household (although considering what I grew up in, I wish it had been just me and my mother).

I'm just being argumentative. I dont really seek anything from battling you to be honest.

Top Bottom