Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mental eval.

A) lol at MM covering up her tracks with the old "I just googled it routine" innocent routine.....:lmao:

you just don't fuck with MM....:qt:\

B) All I want to know is if this has happened in real life, or if some ACTUAL sociopath dreamed this scenario up under the guise of psychological "research".....yeah right. It never even remotely crossed my mind to think the woman would have killed the sister to get at another funeral. In fact the question annoyed me for how stupid I "perceived" it to be.

does it mean anything if i eat glue and color outside the lines?
That was what I was thinking didn't need to ansewer to know I'm a fugging psychopath. I like to stomp baby rabbits and listen to them pop under my foot. What does that mean?

It's certainly not a hard science. It totally lacks accuracy, precision, quantitative data, reproducibility, objectivity, &c. Anything falling under behavioral science is, at least in today's world, far closer to soft than hard.

:cow:

I thought so to until I started to do a psychology degree.

There is quantitative data, reproducibility, objectivity.

For example, things like the Stroop experiment is highly reproducible and related to the study of attention.

I am sure Ariel can fill us in on a few more of the classic quantitative psychology experiments.

All the foundations of the study of memory are based on early psychological work, the vast majority of it is quantitative.

All that being said, qualitative research is valid, and there are aspects of human behaviour that can't be assessed quantitatively.

As doing quantitative research for me is like falling off a log, I intend for my research project for my social psychology class is going to use a qualitative method.

A) lol at MM covering up her tracks with the old "I just googled it routine" innocent routine.....:lmao:

you just don't fuck with MM....:qt:\

B) All I want to know is if this has happened in real life, or if some ACTUAL sociopath dreamed this scenario up under the guise of psychological "research".....yeah right. It never even remotely crossed my mind to think the woman would have killed the sister to get at another funeral. In fact the question annoyed me for how stupid I "perceived" it to be.
A woman is at her mothers funeral. - Google Search

Psychology unfortunately has been given a bad name by a bunch of quacks (like Freud who called children polymorphouslyperverse) I personally disagree with about 80% of tests out there because most are subjective, example:
Human Figure drawing test state that if you make your figure as a stick man figure you may have biological issues (like brain damage) what if you just aren't freaking good drawing and are very embarrassed about it!
there are several other tests used mostly in Neuropsychology that are accurate because it meassures objective things like time response, visuoconstructive ability, etc

Those crappy jokes/tests online are 90% bullshit and no decent psychologist would use them as a diagnose tool, they're probably some stupid thesis attempt of a lazy student....

Freud was not a quack.

He is in fact, such a brilliant man that most have a great difficulty in grasping his concepts.

He has been seriously mis-represented in modern media.

If you have only heard of his work through 'word of mouth' or the odd reference like the Oedipal complex and penis envy, it will seem odd.

However, most people have no problem using the terms ego, denial, and have a concept of what it means, which are both terms/concepts he coined.

Very few universities offer any psychoanalytic theory in their undergraduate or graduate programs, and very few psychiatrists or psychologists train in psychoanalysis because it is so very complex.

My degree is from one of the few universities in the world that do study Freud and psychoanalysis at the undergraduate level, and his principles have continued to be applied and developed to this day.

For example, transactional analysis is almost a exact translation of Freud's concept of ego, super ego and id.

I would suggest you read about defense mechanisms. It is absolutely fascinating.

i think MM is more of a sociopath for googling an EF riddle and then saying "isn't it obvious" than I am for instantly getting the 2nd funeral thing as my answer :D

Top Bottom