Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Liver values

Stew, I don't think you can make any assumptions on one physical alone. You could have naturally
high levels especially sgot. A lot of people have levels out of kilter i.e. liver enzymes, cholesterol,
triglycerides or whatever. I have copies of results of my last 10 physicals. I think you should take your
history over a period of time and also put in the variables of your lifestyle during that period and then
look at your results in a comparative manner and make an educated decision about what you want to do,.
Your levels could always be high, then again maybe not. Just thought I would toss that in.

Stew Meat said:
My "A/G" ratio was also out of range. It was 2.2H
Normal is 1.0-2.0
The reason is that my globulin levels are low (antibodies)... that's weird cause I never get sick...

SGPT and SGOT normal ranges that I listed above were what was printed on the results from the blood test.

SGOT: "An enzyme found in skeletal and heart muscle, liver and other organs. Abnormalties may represent liver or heart damage."

I'm going to set up an apointment to get this checked out tommorrow. I am not going to start my cycle till everthing checks out. I could have heart trouble... who knows.

Also, the "BUN" level was abnormaly high. BUN is an indicator of Urea Nitrogen. "A by-product of protein metabolism eliminated through the kidneys. An indicator of kidney function."
I don't know if a high bun is good or bad... its abnormally high. Maybe that just means I am consuming a lot of protein (only 200g/day usually).

THIS IS THE IMPORTANCE OF A BLOOD TEST. NEVER START A CYCLE WITHOUT ONE. Case in point.

lets bump this.

BTW, the test was covered under my insurance plan. They cover one per year. Otherwise, it costs about $70 including the doctor visit.

-Stew
Not to minimize your concern,but it is common for hard training athletes,especially weightlifters,to have elevated SGOT/SGPT results,because these are released into the bloodstream as the tiny microtears occur that make our muscles grow.When you are retested,Have the doctor check your GGT level-it is found only in the liver,and a true indicator of liver damage.Also,and elevated serum BUN is normally due to two things in weightlifters-either you were dehydrated when the test was done,or you are consuming a very high protein diet-BUN is one of the products that is excreted when protein is broken down.
You had said previously that you are going to avoid alcohol-a good idea while cycling,but I would also caution you to avoid large doses of tylenol(>1000mg every 4 hours),which is also toxic to the liver.Keep up everything else,and let us know what happens.

I guess you guys use different enzyme terminology. We use LDH, AST, ALT. I am currently finishing a course of Accutaine. My LDH was three times (3X) the upper high range, and my AST was fives times (5X) higher. I was wondwering if this was becuasue of GH use because it was the month that I used GH that my enzymes skyrocketed.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Good info bros.

I have been off of ECA/Clen for several weeks now. I did train the day before. I am not going to start my cycle till my levels are normal. I will have my next test done on a Monday and take the weekend off from lifting.
I'm taking 2600mg/day of primrose and 1000mg/day of Milk Thistle.
I seriously doubt that my "normal" SGOT would be that high as that is way outside of the NORMAL range.

This is a very informative thread IMO.

Bump!

-Stew

I hate to bump my own post, but....

I've gotten all the info I needed. This is for those who are thinking about a cycle and don't know anything about blood tests and how to get them

-Stew

it wasn't the PGF2a

Stew Meat, it was certainly not the PGF2a. I would know. My liver is upset when i take a look at Winstrol and since i was on PGF2a for 8 months (and 10 days) for the past 11 months, this did absolutely nothing for the liver, or the kidneys.

Hey stew, check out this post on calcium-D glucarate from the af board. http://anabolicfitness.infopop.net/...702093973&f=312093973&m=6380922991#6460963991
I have never used it but it does look like some good stuff. Also try ALA. Unless pgf-2A is hepatotoxic, I would assume that your high sgot levels are from something else besides your liver. I believe that Ulter once said that his doc does not become concerned until your liver values exceed 100 but your doc may see things differently. Good luck and keep us posted.

giantset

Went to the doc today... She said liver values were no problem... She said that they were outside of the norm, but not especially high. Instead of telling her I was about to do a cycle, I asked her if it would still be ok to get drunk on the weekends :) She told me that its not a good idea... but my liver values weren't a concern. I asked her if it was ok to go on Accutane... She said that I didn't need it but if I did, they would have to monitor my levels and if my SGOT went too far over 100 they would discontinue treatment...

Well, I don't see that 5 weeks of dbol doin' me much damage so looks like it's gonna be on like a chicken bone in 2 weeks :) I'm taking milk thistle and evening primrose till then and throughout my cycle anyway...

-Stew

Top Bottom