Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lifting without eating a lot

I just drink a lot of water, eat lots of vegetables and some skim milk..

:lmao:

B True

PolishHammer1977 said:

I am not here to prove you wrong. I am here to post the fundamental truths needed for gaining the most in our quests personal fitness. To help people that are searching for answers.
I don't know about your diet. You are correct. You have however defended the opposite veiwpoint that I had posted about. I assumed your diet based on your statement in the thread.
The people that read my post will understand my writing based on their personal knowledge of fitness.
Yes, exercise can be beneficial and your point is valid. However, that was not the point and thi thread has turned into a personal debate between you and I. The thread has therefore been damaged and space has been wasted due to the fact that you do not know how to keep your fingers down.
Take your arguments elsewhere please. I am a professional and I am not here to make any haste towards anyone else. It sounds like you want to create an arguement. Not with me, not today, not anyday. I am trying help people and maybe even you. In turn, someday maybe you too can help me. We all need a hand sometime.

I :D

Defended the opposite viewpoint? Hardly. I merely commited the unpardonable sin of pointing out an obvious flaw in your reasoning, which even you admit to.

Unlike you, I've been around this board long enough to know that for every vet here, there are 20 novices who come here to learn about lifting. Many of them are not as smart and cool as you are and might be disheartened by someone telling them they are wasting their time in the gym if they don't eat A, B, and C.

I did not make this a personal debate. Read back chief. That was all you. I simply disagreed with you.

But I tell you what, I'm told that George is considering creating a "HappyFunNon-ThreateningPussy" board for people like you who's egos are far to delicate to handle even the slightest criticism.

If you really want to help people, mind your assumptions. And if you feel that your word is Gospel, I suggest you don't post it up for public criticism. You obviously don't have the stomach for it.

Last edited:
Hey i have done both i kno what u both r talking about

hey wuts up i understand what u r both sayin. over the summer i was on a very low calorie low fat diet i ran 3 1/2 miles every day worked out every day. I was over weight for my height in 8th grade, I lost 65 pounds, i weigh 110 by the end of the summer, I was ripped and i had muscle every were. I was small but i could bench 200 pounds. SO YES U CAN GAIN STRENGTH ON A DIET OR LOW FOOD INTAKE BUT I ALSO TOOK A PROTEIN SUPPLAMENT!

Ok now that winter has hit im bulking up! I eat the same amount of meals plus i eat a little snake inbetween each meal. I use protein bars and protein powder. I eat alot of peanut butter. I drink goats milk, has more fat and protein in it than regaular milk. ( tasts the same) I work out 4-5 days a week i also do abs every day. I do no cardio what so ever. I have gained size and strength in every workout.

so what is the best way u are probably asking? Well both
in the winter bulk ( once u gain 20 pounds or so get back into cardio eat less fatening foods, and go to a cutting work out) once u do that and winter is still left go back on it untill spring and then go back to a diet and trian to cut up and get you rdefanition back. Do that all SUMMER LONG! But eat alot of tuna,chicken,eggs,PROTEIN SUPPLAMENTS, SKIM MILK. SO you will gain muscle and still not be eating every hour. Eat alot of fruit and vegies. ANd REMEMBER ALWAYS EAT STARCH!!

gymtime said:
But I tell you what, I'm told that George is considering creating a "HappyFunNon-ThreateningPussy" board for people like you who's egos are far to delicate to handle even the slightest criticism.

If you really want to help people, mind your assumptions. And if you feel that your word is Gospel, I suggest you don't post it up for public criticism. You obviously don't have the stomach for it.

I would never mention my name and "HappyFunNon-ThreateningPussy" in the same sentence. A bold statement for someone who knows nothing about me and has never layed eyes on me for that matter. Truth is, the only person that can damage my ego is me. Plain and simple.
My word is not the "gospel". It is one mans opinion, first off. Secondly, the statements I have made have been tested and successfully completed by me. I know what will work for me may not work for somebody else. There may be however, ONE person out there who is enfact like me and that can benefit from what I am writing concerning "training".
I appreciate your post. It makes me realize that no matter how much I want to help people there will always be someone standing in my facd ready to disagree with me and negate any possible progess that I could have made. Your message has been noted and your criticism are welcome of course. I am here to learn as well. Thank you for your compliment as well.

PolishHammer1977 said:

I would never mention my name and "HappyFunNon-ThreateningPussy" in the same sentence. A bold statement for someone who knows nothing about me and has never layed eyes on me for that matter. Truth is, the only person that can damage my ego is me. Plain and simple.
My word is not the "gospel". It is one mans opinion, first off. Secondly, the statements I have made have been tested and successfully completed by me. I know what will work for me may not work for somebody else. There may be however, ONE person out there who is enfact like me and that can benefit from what I am writing concerning "training".
I appreciate your post. It makes me realize that no matter how much I want to help people there will always be someone standing in my facd ready to disagree with me and negate any possible progess that I could have made. Your message has been noted and your criticism are welcome of course. I am here to learn as well. Thank you for your compliment as well.

If you truly believed this was just "one man's opinion," we wouldn't be having this little tiff. I disagreed with you and you took it personally and lashed out....simple as that. Anyone reading this could see that.

I have no arguement at all with your overall point, which you continue to defend for whatever reason.

Oh, and for that last part, the martyr bit...

"It makes me realize that no matter how much I want to help people there will always be someone standing in my facd ready to disagree with me and negate any possible progess that I could have made."

:bawling:

I will put you on my list of "EF Delicate Flowers." This is my list of people who are incapable of arguing intelligently or professionally, and who resort to temper tantrums at any opposition to their opinions. So don't worry, I'll never question your brilliant insights again. I'll just deal with the grownups from now on.

gymtime said:
I will put you on my list of "EF Delicate Flowers." This is my list of people who are incapable of arguing intelligently or professionally, and who resort to temper tantrums at any opposition to their opinions. So don't worry, I'll never question your brilliant insights again. I'll just deal with the grownups from now on.

lol

:FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol:

I once again, wouldn't go that far GYMTIME. I thought that both sides were defended well and the winner is all the people that read the post. Both sides are completely understood IMO.

I for one, will not put you in any category. I appreciate your posts and look forward to reading more from you.

BTW, no temper tantrums here. I am not brilliant. I am a weathered individual with vast life experience and knowledge. We all have something to learn from one another. I am an adult as well. lol.
:D

Thanks for the advice, gymtime, and polishHammer. I won't change my diet cause I can't eat that much, I'll puke. I'll try and get some supplements. Thanks again guys, sorry you had to argue about this.

xzibit said:
Thanks for the advice, gymtime, and polishHammer. I won't change my diet cause I can't eat that much, I'll puke. I'll try and get some supplements. Thanks again guys, sorry you had to argue about this.

:D

No sweat man. Just goes to show that just about ANY thread can turn into a pissing contest on EF.

Also, no need to stuff yourself. Just keep up the lean protein and quality carbs and you'll be fine.

opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.

If you can handle that much food, then dont over do it.
Just set your goals, and post them on the board, i'm sure many people would be willing to help you out.

PolishHammer1977 said:

If seemingly bold statements from anyone were PRECEDED with this particular statement, this whole issue might have been avoided.

Just a thought,
Joker

Top Bottom