Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lets talk about a positive aspect of my future

Frisky

~QUEEN BITCH~
Platinum
so... not a few good days for me, but I do have some positive issues that I look forward to.

I've always been very interested in anatomy, basic physiology of muscles, the location of major muscles and muscle groups... I previously considered massage therapy... Recently with our new and upcoming business that the beau and I are pursuing I am considering an Equine Sports Massage Therapy Certification. I already groom and massage our personal horses. Most of the horses we deal with are performance horses and have alot of muscle soreness ... etc... In our area there is no one with an Equine Certification and most drive to other states for the therapy.

My main interest in this is because of my love of being around animals, Its more of a thearpy for me... Its relaxing for me... I also love massage therapy to boot.

I have been dabbling with it for some time... researching and such... but only treating our personal horses. I was asked on sunday if I would work with a clinets horse while he was there at the farm and I was working on our young filly. My beau brought up the whole thing to me... I would only do it on weekends and only take at most 4 a day which would bring in between 75-100+ a horse for 30-45 mins. Our clients currently drive to Miss, Ark, or TX for these services... and the same training that I would get which would be Equine.

Currently our training business is booming... 13 horses and haven't even been pushing for business at all. All of our clients go out of state for this therapy currently twice a month. The fact that I love dealing with the horses, and love massage therapy... what do I have to lose?

Has anyone ever heard of Equine massage therapy?

the first 5 years of my life I grew up around horses.

never heard of message therapy for them, makes sense though

NickyE3 said:
the first 5 years of my life I grew up around horses.

never heard of message therapy for them, makes sense though

The three horses I currently work with... LOVE IT. I tell you... my little girl lies her head on my shoulder all the while I massage her neck... You can actually feel every muscle in their body relax as you begin to massage and circulate.

Here are some of the courses

anatomy physiology pathology kinesiology massage theory
and technique massage treatments
hydrotherapy equine behaviour equine management
terminology professionalism as well as (what I believe they call... ) floating the teeth and shoeing the horses.

Top Bottom