Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lacking Tricep mass

Damn this has alot of posts already, my bad i havent chimed in since the update of the site, i usually do like 85 lb skull crushers ive gone uptoo 115 but then got some tendonitis in the wrists a while back so i never went back up that high. pushdowns ont he cable machine i can do like 90 lbs but feel im using too much trap / upper body to muscle it so i stay at 50-70 to really make sure im isolating. im gonna try overhead press with a dumbell today i usually do 70 lb but im gonna up the weight see If i can get the mass from doing lower rep way higher weight sets for 2 weeks. any specific excersises you guys have done and see some good for just mass in the back of your tri's alone, not definition :evil:

As everybody said before weighted dips,close grip bench press(CGBP) and skull crushers, a caloric surplus and focus on the heavy compounds will pack size to those tris.

I'm gonna do weighted dips tommorow tho, you guys are talkin about leather belt with chains and plates hangin corrizect?

narrow grip bench press, french press, and skull crushers. you can also do weighted dips with elbows to the inside.

i like:

skullcrushers
rope pull downs and spread rope at bottom
close grip bench
dips
and another dumbbell tricep excercise i usually switch up

yo alc whats a french press? Anyone else do overhead tricep extensions? I tried doing those but hammer style going forward with a weight instead of behind my neck to the side to see if i can pack on some meat/density. Those seem to be really bangin for the horseshoe tho!

A french press is the original "skull crusher" it is almost the same as the skull crusher, except it's usually done with a barbell, or an e-z bar with thumbs pointed upward. It is a variation of the skull crushers and allows you to lift more weights.

Here's what it looks like:

barbellfrenchpress2.jpg

honestly, when you're talking "horse shoe effect" you're talking about definition and specific point training. The best exercise for the horse shoe effect is reverse cable triceps pushdown, palm pointing upwards.

CBPushdown.gif

It is the same as the above image, except the palms have to be pointing upwards ibnstead of downwards. You can do this with one hand or two. I'd prefer you do it single hand to isolate eash triceps head.

Weighted dips, CGBP and skull crushers are good direct tricep movements. I wouldn't waste time with any of the isolation stuff. Just keep improving in these exercises.

And, of course, as always...if you want to pack on mass, your body needs to grow as a complete unit, and you need to eat, eat, EAT!

I'd be willing to bet that your arms are probably right on par in development with the rest of your body. If you think I am wrong, post up some pics and let the people decide.

SouthernLord said:
How much are you pressing? You mention reverse cable pressdown and isolation lifts but those suck ass. You need to press heavy and often if you want big tris. BB bench press, weighted dips, BB shoulder press, and lastly skull crushers. This is the hierarchy for worthwhile tricep exercises. Progressively add weight to these exercise and eat a caloric surplus and your tris will grow.

SaiBoTiCa said:
As everybody said before weighted dips,close grip bench press(CGBP) and skull crushers, a caloric surplus and focus on the heavy compounds will pack size to those tris.

Best advices. Worth repeating. You seemed to have missed. Probably not what you wanted to hear I guess.

Top Bottom