Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lacking Tricep mass

viciousness

Been lifting for like 3-4 years now and my arms are very very toned , I just always seem to think i only have the horseshoe tri look going for me ,but with not as much as i'd like in the back (middle head??) Anyone know anything besides skull crushers to do to really make the back of my arm stick out? I've already tried some isolation stuff like reverse extensions etc but now im up for anything really. help... please lol!

you gotta remember to hit all 3 heads everytime you do triceps....
pulley pushdowns
dips
and skullcrushers are usually what my tri routine consists of....
try hitting the weaker head at the beginning of your workout so you put the most energy into it....
i specifically have a triceps day, most people don't, but i choose to.
whats you're routine like now?

Weighted dips bro are the best to pack meat on those tris. Then closed grip bench presses. Sets of 8.

How much are you pressing? You mention reverse cable pressdown and isolation lifts but those suck ass. You need to press heavy and often if you want big tris. BB bench press, weighted dips, BB shoulder press, and lastly skull crushers. This is the hierarchy for worthwhile tricep exercises. Progressively add weight to these exercise and eat a caloric surplus and your tris will grow.

SaiBoTiCa said:
Weighted dips bro are the best to pack meat on those tris. Then closed grip bench presses.

Weighted dips, CGBP and skull crushers are good direct tricep movements. I wouldn't waste time with any of the isolation stuff. Just keep improving in these exercises.

And, of course, as always...if you want to pack on mass, your body needs to grow as a complete unit, and you need to eat, eat, EAT!

I'd be willing to bet that your arms are probably right on par in development with the rest of your body. If you think I am wrong, post up some pics and let the people decide.

ceo said:
Weighted dips, CGBP and skull crushers are good direct tricep movements. I wouldn't waste time with any of the isolation stuff. Just keep improving in these exercises.

And, of course, as always...if you want to pack on mass, your body needs to grow as a complete unit, and you need to eat, eat, EAT!

I'd be willing to bet that your arms are probably right on par in development with the rest of your body. If you think I am wrong, post up some pics and let the people decide.

I was thinking about the same stuff! His diet probably sucks.

SouthernLord said:
How much are you pressing? You mention reverse cable pressdown and isolation lifts but those suck ass. You need to press heavy and often if you want big tris. BB bench press, weighted dips, BB shoulder press, and lastly skull crushers. This is the hierarchy for worthwhile tricep exercises. Progressively add weight to these exercise and eat a caloric surplus and your tris will grow.

Excellent advice! ;)

and close grip bench

Donteven think about your arms for a few months. Aim to gain 20lb in bodyweight and add 50-100lbs on your pressing exercises (bench, weighted dip, standing press) and your arms will be forced to keep up.

Damn this has alot of posts already, my bad i havent chimed in since the update of the site, i usually do like 85 lb skull crushers ive gone uptoo 115 but then got some tendonitis in the wrists a while back so i never went back up that high. pushdowns ont he cable machine i can do like 90 lbs but feel im using too much trap / upper body to muscle it so i stay at 50-70 to really make sure im isolating. im gonna try overhead press with a dumbell today i usually do 70 lb but im gonna up the weight see If i can get the mass from doing lower rep way higher weight sets for 2 weeks. any specific excersises you guys have done and see some good for just mass in the back of your tri's alone, not definition :evil:

Top Bottom