Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

knee pain

Holz61

Hey y'all,

I just wanted some input on this. Yesterday I was doing sprints on the track. I stretched out beforehand and ran a warm-up lap. well about 4-5 hours after running my right knee felt stiff and quite sore. Now i have always experienced some knee pain during running but usually it goes away about an hour or so after i stop running. This morning my knee still hurts. I can walk on it without a limp but there is some pain. Also i can squat and lunge without any pain. The pain is on the right side of my knee and up the back. I am guessing that I just strained it since it didn't hurt until later and there is no swelling. I figure if it still hurts in a day or two then i will go to the doc's. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this from sprinting or what everyone thinks???

Thanks Guys,

Eazy

no advice or thoughts? anyone?

My mother who is a nurse just recommened taking aleive 3 times a day for 5 days and said it was probably strained.

I am a Physican assistant and work for some ortho Docs. Your moms advice sounds pretty good. You could also take some other type of anti inflammatory like Vioxx or Celebres instead of the aleve. They tend to work a tad bit better IMO. It does sound like you just strained the knee. Try to avoid running or squats for about 1 week to 10 days and you should be fine. It does not sound like you need to run to the doctors office quit yet unless it starts to swell. Just take some time off from working your legs and you should be fine.

Stretching out before you run has caused a lot of injuries (not saying that is what caused this). I would take some anti-inflams and if pain is still occuring, check it out with your Doc to make sure nothing is wrong.......

Before you stretch, make sure the muscle is warm first. When you stretch out a cold muscle you are increasing the risk of pulling something.

Top Bottom