Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just saw a PROFESSIONAL Dietitian help?

dont listen to that dietician. it pains me to hear that shit from her. broccoli has a much if not more calcium than milk. if your cutting, no dairy. dieticians are for fat chicks. your a male and are training like an athlete. just like joe d said, thats the only advice she can legaly give. if she says otherwise, even if she knows better she can loose her liscence.

dude, it really is trial and error. im pretty much just repeating joe d. start at maintenence an play around with macros and cals until you see desired results. then increase cardio. theres no magic number. the only things you really need to watch is the mirror and the scale.

Also i just wana congradulate you on your detication and discipline at such a young age. you are a very motivaded 16 year old. i wish i had the mind set you do at 16. instead i was only doing upperbody workouts and eating like crap,lol. i didnt get to where your at until i was 18 or 19. keep up the hard work and keep leasrning. you will go far. i wouldnt be suprised if you were that dieticians boss at the gym one day the rate your goin,lol.

Well i have done a month tomorrow of cutting. My diet that i have in the few posts above, is exactly what i follow, right down to the exact measurements. It is very tough to do it, to follow this so closely, a lot of my time is dedicated to diet lol. But it gets easy, it just becomes a habit, it took me a while to get this down after my mini bulk, and now its going great. Thanks for the comment smtimelevi.

I have a question about protein powder. Like i put in my diet, i take 3 scoops on workout days, and 2 on non workout days. Workout i have 1 morning (waking up), 1 scoop in my eggs (flavour), then 1 scoop after my workout.

On off days, however i normally do my HIIT, or am fasted cardio on off days i have my protein like 1 morning (waking up), 1 scoop in my eggs (flavour), and nothing after. Should i have a scoop after running or before? Or not after at all? I hear that the insulin spikes slow down fat loss, and it sort of counteracts the point of running. Is it okay to take after a run or no? Just stick to the meal i have? I always have a meal, but i do take protein on top of that because my meal is not ready right when i am done.

Btw, since April 15th, i started at 169.0 - 170.0lb down to 160.0 - 162.0 lbs. So i guess i am going at a 1.5lb per week rate.

its funny how after all the schooling, some registered dietitians say eat the whole egg, some say just the whites..?????
it all goes back to the old school way of healthy eating. a healthy diet as close to earth as possible, and everything in moderation.
none of this bulking up to look like a slob in order to gain 20#'s on a bench press then cut to loose 25 #'s to bring out a few veins??? so unhealthy.
dont follow the veteran bodybuilders way, cause half them are dead or had strokes and everything else go wrong with them. eat healthy in moderation.
just my opinion.

Dont obcess about ingesting protien the minuete u roll outa bed. it takes me 20-30 min for me to make breakfast in the morning before i actually eat it. i think im doin pretty good,lol. if im really hungry ill eat a bannana while im making breakfast.

protien wont raise insulin levels. sugars will. i personally eat before cardio. ive tried fasted cardio, i drag ass. i recommend eating good breakfast, then doing your cardio. it will give you the energy to push longer, and harder. that could result in a high energy expendature and burn more cals. just dont eat so much that you feel like puking. ive found that doing cardio seperate from weights works better for me but thats cuz my schedule is allowing me to do that right now. just try different things until you find what works for you.

Dont obcess about ingesting protien the minuete u roll outa bed. it takes me 20-30 min for me to make breakfast in the morning before i actually eat it. i think im doin pretty good,lol. if im really hungry ill eat a bannana while im making breakfast.

protien wont raise insulin levels. sugars will. i personally eat before cardio. ive tried fasted cardio, i drag ass. i recommend eating good breakfast, then doing your cardio. it will give you the energy to push longer, and harder. that could result in a high energy expendature and burn more cals. just dont eat so much that you feel like puking. ive found that doing cardio seperate from weights works better for me but thats cuz my schedule is allowing me to do that right now. just try different things until you find what works for you.

i don't really obsess about taking it in right away, it is just in general that is the first thing i have. i normally take it 20minutes (or whenever im done showering) after waking up, then eat 30minutes later (takes that long to make my breakfast).

Okay, so the diet i posted i have been following very strict, right down to the exact measurement for the last month and i like it. Only thing i am getting a bit bored of the meats. So today when i went grocery shopping with my mom, i spent a lot more time in the meat section. I bought pork tenderloin, it has per 100g - 110 calories, 3g fat, and 21g protein. 100g = 3.5oz.

Is that not good? I looked for good meat that was not high in fat, is that the right thing to do? Or should i stay away from certain types of meats? I mean i am honestly getting sick of chicken, and turkey cutlets. I love the salmon, tilapia fish, and the ground beef. ground chicken and turkey is sort of getting on my nerves now, i don't mind it much but still looking around for some variety.

Any suggestions for meat when i go next time? How about getting fresh cut pork or whatever, or beef or lamb? They have somebody there who cuts whatever.

eat it all. mix it up. i cant eat boneless skinless chicken breast 24/7. get the lean cuts. pork, fish, beef, chicken, turkey. it hard to find lean lamb that doesnt cost an arm and a leg though. lamb is definatly a nice treat.
lamb, some beans , chopped onions and some tomatoes on a whole grain pita. it will feel like your cheating, but your not! i love making different stuff to take tho monotony out of "dieting" i used to look at this stuff as dieting and training. now as i get older its a life style. day in day out, going to the gym and eating healthy isnt a quick fix. dont get bored doin the same routine over and over, gym or kitchen. just never stop asking why, never stop learning.

eat it all. mix it up. i cant eat boneless skinless chicken breast 24/7. get the lean cuts. pork, fish, beef, chicken, turkey. it hard to find lean lamb that doesnt cost an arm and a leg though. lamb is definatly a nice treat.
lamb, some beans , chopped onions and some tomatoes on a whole grain pita. it will feel like your cheating, but your not! i love making different stuff to take tho monotony out of "dieting" i used to look at this stuff as dieting and training. now as i get older its a life style. day in day out, going to the gym and eating healthy isnt a quick fix. dont get bored doin the same routine over and over, gym or kitchen. just never stop asking why, never stop learning.

Never do :) lol

Yeah, the lamb i buy once in a while costs around 50-80bucks, only if its really lean. Otherwise around 20-50bucks for it with all the fat on it.

Yeah at first that was the same as me, i saw this as a diet. But its a way of life, a healthy lifestyle as opposed to eating whatever. I was sooo skeptical about all this stuff at first, eating 6-7times a day, smaller meals, all that stuff. Now i see that wow, its not that bad and i never really get hungry. And i don't bloat a lot after eating food, it just goes through as opposed to before when i would eat a small breakfast, big lunch, and bigger dinner hahah. With eating little things in between. That was over 6 months ago though, now i have learned to cook, and prepare some meals myself to help my mom out lol. My weekends are dedicated to preparing foods, but then again most of my time is dedicated to food planning etc lol.

So far the cut has been going great.
My macros are staying at 40-50g fat, 90-110g carbs, and 150-200g protein. Calories are staying between 1400-1700. Going to do this for another month or so, or until i feel like i have cut enough fat then i am going to lean bulk, or eat maintenace for the summer so i can play soccer then definitely bulk after summer.

Just wondering though, when lean bulking how do you get so many calories while trying to keep the fats low?

I didnt read all of the posts but if your not seeing a sports dietician your not going to get the advice you need as a bodybuilder/athlete. people with cronic diseases, aids, diabetes, obesity etc see dieticians. You need to see a sports nutritionist/dietician mate. If you have health problems and thats why you were referred there follow their nutritional plan.

Top Bottom