Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just saw a PROFESSIONAL Dietitian help?

ark94

Saw a registered dietion today. Learned lots of stuff, and need some help now.
We looked over my complete diet, and went through lots of stuff, for an hour straight.
She said that I should be having 1.8g/kg of weight. And I weigh approx. 73.6kg, so I should be having at maximum 120-140g of protein per day. Does this sound right? I have been going by 1.5g/lb bw.
As far as my diet goes, she said I should be reducing my protein intake a lot, and instead of my 4oz. Meat with every meal have 2.5oz.
Another thing that she said that I should be having milk, I cut out ALL milk when I start my cutting because of fat gain, but she said stick to skim milk, at least 3 glasses a day to be getting some calcium.
Also I should up my carbs, to make up for calories lost in the reduction of protein. Does not more carbs mean more fat gain? I am cutting so should I not keep my carbs lower?
My current diet has 40-60g of fat, 160g protein (220g with protein shakes +), and 80-100g of carbs. My maintenance is 1900calories, I am eating anywhere from 1600-1900calories a day.
Technically then if I reduce my protein intake to 120g, then I have to lower my foods substantially. And up my carbs, so won’t I gain fat with more carbs?
Stats
Weight : 162lb. (was 170lb. 3.5 weeks ago – end of bulk)
Height: 5foot 11inch
Here is my current diet – Somewhat she suggested is in the red. She did say I should drop my protein shakes all together. She also suggested I could drop some meat, and just have carbs or whatever. Like fruits and veggies. Maybe oats in there?
Wake up
1 Scoop Protein Powder

Breakfast
2 Whole Eggs (2 Egg Whites, or no eggs)
2 Egg Whites
1 Cup Potatoes, cooked pan (keep the same)
0.5 Cup Dark Red Kidney Beans (keep the same)
(maybe add some fruit)

Meal #1
0.5 Cup Wild Brown Rice
4oz. Fresh, Wild Atlantic Salmon (2.5oz of meat here)
(add fruit – raspberries, apple, blackberries, strawberries - any)
Meal #2
0.5 Cup Broccoli (keep the same)
4oz. Lean Ground Beef (or turkey), Cooked (2.5oz of meat here)
(add fruit – raspberries, apple, blackberries, strawberries – any)

Meal #3 (also Preworkout)
0.5 Cup Asparagus (keep the same)
4oz. Chicken, Broiled, Boneless, Skinless (2.5oz of meat here)
1 Large Apple (keep the same)
Meal #4 (after workout)
1 Scoop Protein Shake in 4-6oz. Water (take out protein, or keep and put in milk)
0.5 Cup Green Peas, Cooked (keep the same)
4oz. Salmon, Chicken, Ground Beef, or Pork Loin Chops (2.5oz of meat here)
have rice, or complex carb)
(add fruit – raspberries, apple, blackberries, strawberries - any)

What I wonder, is that will I lose muscle? I did have high liver enzymes, which is what she was concerned about, so I should reduce the protein. I still want to have the protein shakes, should I drop my protein from some meals, and add some other source like oats or something? Any idea? What about the milk, I don’t want to gain fat, I am cutting so will I not gain fat with skim milk? And the carbs, will I not gain fat with upped carbs?
INPUTTTT please and thanks. I am communicating with her through email, very nice of her to give me the email so I can ask her any questions you may have.

Here is what my diet would look like with the above in

Wake up
1 Scoop Protein Powder

Breakfast
2 Egg Whites
1 Cup Potatoes, cooked pan
0.5 Cup Dark Red Kidney Beans

Meal #1 (I could take out the salmon, and just have rice and fruit)
0.5 Cup Wild Brown Rice
2.5oz. Fresh, Wild Atlantic Salmon
1 Cup Fruit – Raspberries, Blueberries, Strawberries, Blackberries
Meal #2
0.5 Cup Broccoli
2.5oz. Lean Ground Beef (or turkey), Cooked

Meal #3 (also Preworkout)
0.5 Cup Asparagus
2.5oz. Chicken, Broiled, Boneless, Skinless
1 Large Apple

Meal #4 (after workout)
1 Scoop Protein Shake in 4-6oz. Water
0.5 Cup Green Peas, Cooked
2.5oz. Salmon, Chicken, Ground Beef, or Pork Loin Chops
0.5 Cup Wild Rice Brown

There may even be no meat in some of the meals. Is that bad? Good? Critique? Maybe even again that is too much and I should lower it. Any ideas?

as someone who is well trained by the "establishment" I can tell you that the diets here such as the ckd are not in favor. However, you should talk to veteran bodybuilders here. They have more cutting edge info than doctors or dieticians. Just wait one of them will tell you what to to

as someone who is well trained by the "establishment" I can tell you that the diets here such as the ckd are not in favor. However, you should talk to veteran bodybuilders here. They have more cutting edge info than doctors or dieticians. Just wait one of them will tell you what to to

yeah some of the diets on here are fucked. I talked to joe d, and southernlord about my diet before my cut, i started on april 15th. And it went great, i started with calories around 1900-2200, with macros (p/c/f) - 170/130-160/80-100)

I have the hang of my diet, and every week i would lower my macros, so i would end up with 170/ 100-120/40-60.

The cutting has went well too, and my diet is working but i just wanted to see what other input i could get about the 1.8g protein/kg bw or 1.5g protein/ lb. bw. Also how my diet above looks etc, i just don't want to fuck up my liver.

I wrote a whole long post critiquing your diet, then saw you had high liver values. At 16 years old that is something you need to take care of. lowering protein sucks but your health comes first.

Last edited:
I wrote a whole long post critiquing your diet, then saw you had high liver values. At 16 years old that is something you need to take care of. lowering protein sucks but your health comes first.

awwww i missed that, i have been mad sick and i just checked this. What was the diet?

Also, i had high liver values last summer, when i wasn't even lifting weights much at all, not as hard as now. And my diet sucked. But should i be lowering my protein down to 120g?

And second, is it 1g protein/kg of bw or 1g protein/lb of bw??

Any suggestions also on my diet above? Having more fruits and vegetables (carbs) will that not make me gain weight, or do you not count that as carbs. DO you only count say rice, or oats as carbs?

i went to school for RD...

its very different then HOW WE live our lives/diets...

most dont realize what is needed to achieve the goals we want..

and if your cutting, MILK is going to bloat you. Unless u are just one of those people who can have milk.

i don't really know if i get what your saying... so she was right about everything? Or bodybuilding is different than what they suggest,you have to do different things?

About the milk, she said that i needed milk because i am getting no calcium.... wtf? I haven't had milk for 2 weeks now. Does it really matter?

I guess what i am trying to ask with this post is that, should i listen to the dietition? I mean are dietions not just for average people, as in they want to eat better but do not play sports or weight lift, they just have crappy eating habits. So if you want to weight lift and stuff should your diet not be considerably different, because your doing more than just trying to eat right for good health, your trying to build muscle or cut fat or w/e your goals are? Should i do what she said, or can i leave it the way it is since i am cutting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom