Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Jenscats Crazy in 2006 Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jenscats5

Well, it's now 2006!!! And the start for me of a crazy season of activity!!

Weight today was 146.... :worried: Will weigh myself again January 11th.
Body fat: no clue

Competiton goals: June 17, July 15, August 26 and Sept.....and maybe October 1st..... I learned after this years shows not to buy a lot of stuff for afterwards cuz if it's in the house I have to eat it.....so post-show festivities will be held at a restaurant for a once/fun/done thing....

For now - my goals are to retain or add some muscle and train for endurance....Weight program will be in the gym while at home and a whatever I can come up with routine while away. Will wear my HR monitor for skiing & work on my TUT while in the "tuck" mode.

I leave tomorrow for another 7 days of skiing - will be skiing everyday, possibly take some lessons & will try to eat for that and avoid Happy Hours.

Meals in that time will be egg whites/oatmeal for breakfast & whatever I can fit into my fanny pack during the day......may actually get on a race course by season's end!!

Supps: Glucosamine/Chondroiten, Multi, B-Complex, Sesamax, Cardio Breeze, Glucorell, and Glutamine.

Definitely take advantage of the next 3 months to build some muscle! That schedule is gonna tap whatever muscle you have when you go in.

Enjoy the next week & then it all starts again :)

Sassy69 said:
Definitely take advantage of the next 3 months to build some muscle! That schedule is gonna tap whatever muscle you have when you go in.

Enjoy the next week & then it all starts again :)

Well don't know how well I'll be able to build muscle as I don't have access to a lot of weights in VT.....was thinking of joining the gym there but crossing the pass can be dangerous in bad weather....

Got 15lb & 20lb DBs as well as 5 gal jugs of water with handles... ;)

That presents some challenges....

Maybe get some creative ideas -
- plyometrics
- push & pull a car across a parking lot for "Leg day" (I've done it before)
...?

Sassy69 said:
That presents some challenges....

Maybe get some creative ideas -
- plyometrics
- push & pull a car across a parking lot for "Leg day" (I've done it before)
...?

Most definitely challenging.....

The skiing might help on Leg day as I will "clench" whilst tucked on the flats and I use my arms when poling - really feel it the next day....shoveling??

I might be able to do squats with the 5 gal water jugs....Hmmmmm

I'm only reluctant to join the gym due to: bad weather preventing me from getting there and being too wiped from skiing to really use it.....

Daisy_Girl said:
What about getting resistance bands or the rubber tubes with handles?

I do have a set of them + a jump rope....

It's looking like my workouts will be "different" in nature while away, which may not be a bad thing....don't know if it'll build muscle or not, but it will be a nice change of pace and them I'll really enjoy my regular plan while home....

Best of luck too you. You have been there before and you Will be there again. Good luck! ;) It's a tough road that's why few ever do it and you have done it and done it well. Give it hell Jen

jenscats5 said:
I do have a set of them + a jump rope....

It's looking like my workouts will be "different" in nature while away, which may not be a bad thing....don't know if it'll build muscle or not, but it will be a nice change of pace and them I'll really enjoy my regular plan while home....

Hey, rent Rocky IV (or some higher roman numeral), he totally kicked that russian dudes butt by running in snow, chopping wood and dragging crap in the snow, and a lot of chinups in a barn ... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom