Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is this a form of a squat or do I just not know what the hell im doing?

For some reason I just cant do normal squats. I can barely get my thighs parallel to the ground. And I always bend my torso forward a lot, so it seems like my back is getting more of a workout then legs.

Before I knew the correct form for squats I used to go all the way down so my butt was basically touching the ground, but i usually pushed off with my toes and stuff. It seemed like it might be bad for my knees, but it destroyed my legs (in a good way). I was wondering if I could just keep doing them (quasi squats) that way, or are they bad for me?

I always squat ass to the ground, with knees that were never good in the first place, with 400+ lbs at times for reps, and my knees are fine. The key is to warm up very thoroughly, and don't worry about how much you're lifting, the weight will come with time. I do believe squating below parallel is very important for growth.
If you're having trouble with form, try this, it was taught to me by a powerlifter with an 800lb plus squat. Sit the bar low on your back, ie, bottom of traps, easier to keep you center of gravity than if the bar sits high. When squatting, concentrate on keeping the bar in a stright up and down motion, and if you feel yourself tipping at the bottom, drive your hips forward like you're trying to screw something, it will help to keep you back straight and drive you out of the hole. Make sure you work on your form with a weight that doesn't feel real heavy, and once you get it right, your strength will sky rocket.
peace

Hey LittlePea-

Lots of people have a great deal of trouble Squating correctly. What NeedSize said about placing the bar low is good. Your feet should be around Shoulder width although some like a closer stance, and turn them out just a little. You should drive through the center of the foot i.e. not too much toes not too much heel. When you are at the bottom even if you are below parallel your Knees should never extend past your toes. The back is to stay perfectly straight the entire time. S.P.:D

I like ass-to-the-ground squats but you need to think about about pushing your heels through floor instead of pushing the bar up.

try widening up your stance considerably with your toes out at 45? or so. Really SIT into your squats arching your back and sticking your chest out. Get the guy with the big legs to help you at the gym

hw3.jpg

Top Bottom