Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is there any reason why I get the shits of whey protein?

cman

I can't consume whey protein any longer, I get constant shits, plus it doesn't help when your in the middle of a run, and you suddenly have to go to the bathroom. Am I allergic?

Fiber regulates things both way, make sure you are getting enough.
What brand and type of protein are you taking?
Maybe you should try some Isopure, it has never given me any trouble.

Dillon

Could be the lactose content, some of the higher caisein containing powders do that to me sometimes. What kind are you using? Are you taking them all by themselves or with some other food(s)?

i use 50g whey, 80g dextrose. Nothing else. When fiber is added i get diarreah plus an additional bonus of having a stomach ache too.

Try consuming more water with these shakes because sometimes your body will pull water from the body into the intestines and it will cause diarrhea. Also, if your protein is not very soluble/easily digestible, then it will be used to feed the bacteria in your intestinal track, therefore a higher chance for the runs.

If you are taking in a lot of protein at one time, like I do after an intense workout, then try to break it up into two servings. For example, I'll have my carb drink after my workout when I get into my car at the gym. Then when I get home, i'll have around 70 grams of whey protein in water. I will then drink an additional 8-12 oz of water and get into the shower. After the shower and approximately a half hour later, I will have the second part of my post-workout protein shake (an additional 60-70 grams of whey). As time goes on and my GI gets used to the higher loads of protein, I can eventually just have all my protein in one serving before my shower.

Another thing that you may be able to do is read the post that macrophage69alpha has on the anabolic board encouraging the use of GINGER ROOT. I think it is titled "How to eat more protein".

MR. BMJ

Last edited:
Top Bottom