Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is sustanon my best bet?

How do you train?

Splits, exercises, sets, sets per exercise, reps, rest intervals, percent of 1 rep max, recovery days, etc. How does your program change with time?

How do youe eat? How many calories do you take in per day? How much protein, carbs, and fat do you take in? How is you vitamin and muneral intake?

Why not just do a light anabolic, non androgenic cycle? Something like primo at 300mg/week along with some winny or ox will give good and lasting results. Test and d-bol might be a bit too harsh for a first timer, especially with your stats and your limited time.
Test and d-bol is effective, but side effects are guaranteed. Massive bloat, acne, hairloss (Primo will do that, too), aggressivity, gyno might occur.
I´d suggest taking some mild (if any) roids for a longer time, like 12 weeks, you´ll be happier with the effects/side effects ratio and it´s not as hard to hide at work than a test/d-bol cycle.

I will trust that you guys all know what ur talking about,,,,
so I'm open to suggestions,,, is it humanly possible to put on 20 pounds in 3 months naturally? Besides the various shakes and increased food intake, (which by the way is alreadly higher than what a guy my size should have to take in) what else could I do. I've tried some of the prohormones....no results,,,, could i have just used them too sparcly, maybe if i doubled up? I've heard that is a waist of time and money anyway. What do you guys think...

I gotta tell you i'm discouraged.... I take in at least 6000 calories a day some days maybe as low as 4000-5000 but only when I just don't have time to dedicate to meal prep etc. Maybe I should cut back on cardio? Protein intake is right as far as I know...about 1.5 per lb of body weight. I get confused on carb intake.... there really doesn't seem to be a happy medium for me,,, i have thought that carb intake could be to low therefore I maybe burning proteins for fuel thus muscles are malnurioushed,, but it seems when I increase carbs by just a few hundred I gain fat,,,,, even that though takes a couple of weeks to show up.... It sucks guys, but if you tell me it can be done without juice I'll buy it... maybe you give me some ideas though cause i'm at the end of my rope. thanx again.

Please list a complete outline of your workout, therein lies the problem. I see little in your posts about weight training, cardio alone won't produce muscle.

If you think simply taking steroids will give you a swole body you will be sorely mistaken, all that's going to happen is you will become something like the Michelin man<bloated>.

genarr three ask for my work out.... so here it is...maybe it will shed a bit of light on the problem...
I work out in the mornings as it is the only time I available.

Monday
20min cardio- various,,,, usally treadmill - jogging if schedule allows.. Workout focus - Chest and back - everything listed gets done in sets of 3

1. pushups - various
2. bench press -
3. butterfly
4 incline bench
5. laterals
I try to do everything slow so honestly I'm usually pretty tired by step five - occassionally If i feel that I've gone to fast I'll try to start over burn out.

Tuesday....
focus,,,,calfs, thighs and gluts
no real gains in size but my vertical just has actually improved, I grab a basketball rim.

Wednesday
focus arms and shoulders.... I'm struggling with this one,,, i'm cut as hell particularly in my foremores but I can't make any gains,,, tried heavier regimens but I burn rapidly when I do.

Thursday
same as Monday

Friday
Same as Tuesday

Saturday
Same as Wednesday but in the evenings

Sunday
i remember the sabbath to keep it holy :)
actually i mow grass and watch tv i do nothing of value

does this help any

At 5'11'' 155lbs I think you can drop the cardio.

If you're looking to put on MUSCLE you have to lift weights, and lift them alot. Throw out the Jane Fonda video.

This is what my workout looks like, you don't have to do exactly the same one, but it should be similar.

Workout 1 - Back

Bent over rows( underhand grip - Yates style ) x 5 sets
Chin ups or lat-pull downs x 4 sets
Barbell shrugs x 3 sets
Biceps x 8 or 10 sets various exercises

Workout 2 - Chest

Incline barbell bench x 4 sets - can't flat bench right now(shoulder)
Dumbell flat bench x 4 sets
An isolation movement( cable flys, pec deck, whatever )
Triceps x 8 or 10 sets various movements

Workout 3 - Legs
Squat x 3 sets
Sumo deadlift x 3 sets
Leg press or box squat x 3 or 4 sets
Hams x 3 or 4 sets - Glute ham raises, leg curls, stiff leg dead

Workout 4 - Shoulders
Military press x 4 sets
Power cleans x 4 sets
Lateral raises x 3 sets
8 sets of arms( bi's maybe tri's - maybe bi's and tri's )

genarr3 said:
At 5'11'' 155lbs I think you can drop the cardio.

If you're looking to put on MUSCLE you have to lift weights, and lift them alot. Throw out the Jane Fonda video.

This is what my workout looks like, you don't have to do exactly the same one, but it should be similar.

Workout 1 - Back

Bent over rows( underhand grip - Yates style ) x 5 sets
Chin ups or lat-pull downs x 4 sets
Barbell shrugs x 3 sets
Biceps x 8 or 10 sets various exercises

Workout 2 - Chest

Incline barbell bench x 4 sets - can't flat bench right now(shoulder)
Dumbell flat bench x 4 sets
An isolation movement( cable flys, pec deck, whatever )
Triceps x 8 or 10 sets various movements

Workout 3 - Legs
Squat x 3 sets
Sumo deadlift x 3 sets
Leg press or box squat x 3 or 4 sets
Hams x 3 or 4 sets - Glute ham raises, leg curls, stiff leg dead

Workout 4 - Shoulders
Military press x 4 sets
Power cleans x 4 sets
Lateral raises x 3 sets
8 sets of arms( bi's maybe tri's - maybe bi's and tri's )
I like this. :) As a matter of fact I DO THIS! My question is, how the hell did you get a copy of my workout?? :D

Vikingspiderman, your not growing like you want to with your routine - it obviously needs changed. The reason I asked about so many variables above is because so many variable can be modified to yeild better results. Take for example your statment "I try to do everything slow." Do you mean you perform each repitition in a slow manner? If so, strong argument can be made that this is at least partialy 180 degrees from what you need to be doing for mass. Try performing a given exercise explosively through contraction and limit slow movements to the negative portion of the exercise. What kind of rest intervals do you take between sets? Waiting too long or not long enough can limit progress. You have to activly search to find whats right for you in variables such as this.

I'd implement Genarr's regime right away (I would add extra calves and ab specific training in workout 4).

Start by doing workout 1 and 2 followed by a rest day on day three, workout 3 and 4 followed by a rest day, etc. In six weeks assess how it's working for you. If its going really well you may get away with working out 3 or 4 days on 1 day off.

Look, I'm not going to tell you to drop the cardio altogether. I would limit it, the parameters for which, again, are so individual that I cannot rightly advise how much is too much for you. However, if your purely intersted in gaining mass, Genarr is dead on again - drop it.

Steroids are an option. However, I don't like your motivation for using them and you are simply not in a position to take full advantage of them. Also, if you have an important meeting comming up, you don't want to find out that you are very susceptible to gyno, scaring acne, accelerated male pattern baldness, estrogenic fat deposits, inhibited ability of your own endocrine system recover, severe bloat, adverse psychological reactions and stress, etc, etc.

You may want to find good personal trainer, someone to push you harder in the gym and to outline your diet.

Top Bottom