Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is it Bad to change workout every time you train?

NOLOGY77

Is it bad for someone to change his working out routine every time he does a body part? Keeping the major lifts like squat bench press,deadlifts,military and barbell row but changing any supplement execises that comes along.

i.e chest day 1, bench press, Dumbell Inlcine, cable flies and pullover
Next time will be bench press, barbell incline, flat flies and decline dumbell press.

Thanks for any feedback

depends. this can be argued both ways.

for me I try to mix things up everytime but I do keep some things constant.. if you read the history behind lifting, the Russians during the 70's and 80's used to make fun of the American lifters for doing the same routine over and over.. you will notice if you change things up after doing the same thing for a long time you will be sore, so i believe based on that you should change your things up

I think it is. Your body needs to adapt tosomething before you change it. You improve by doing the same thing over and over until you do it better, then you move on to something else.

as long as you keep track of the weights, number of sets and number of reps completed for a given exercise it should be fine, the key is not changing your workout its "progressive resistance" you need

everyone has their own philosophy about this..... I personally think anyone who wants to increase their big lifts should use assistance work to supplement the weak points in their main lift... For example, if your triceps are the weak point in your bench, do some CGBP and skull crushers to help bring them up. If you're fine with the first part of your deadlift, but are having trouble locking out, then you should do pullthroughs... weak grip on deadlits, work your grip. etc etc etc.

everyone has their own philosophy about this..... I personally think anyone who wants to increase their big lifts should use assistance work to supplement the weak points in their main lift... For example, if your triceps are the weak point in your bench, do some CGBP and skull crushers to help bring them up. If you're fine with the first part of your deadlift, but are having trouble locking out, then you should do pullthroughs... weak grip on deadlits, work your grip. etc etc etc.

Agreed on assistance work.

you will notice if you change things up after doing the same thing for a long time you will be sore, so i believe based on that you should change your things up

Steve, I've always believed soreness doesn't equal stronger/more muscle. Is this wrong or is there some truth to it?

I say always mix it up, maybe not that frequently but for me I'll do a routine for say 2-3 weeks then switch it up. My lifts everyday arent always the same tho but I'm doing upper body power/lower body power/off/back hypertrophy/legs hypertrophy/chest hypertrophy/off. I've seen awesome progress with this been doing for about 4 weeks. Not on anything either

Top Bottom