Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is Being OFF all that bad????????? The mindset behind running LOOOOONNNNGGG "cycles"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigAragorn

Im currently finishing up my second cycle and i must say i am looking forward to post cycle recovery. I get real pumped up and enjoy working towards keeping my gains. Then i started thinking.......i have read alot about some of you intending to run "cycles" in which the duration is almost as long as a year. NOw this is not directed at everyone and i am certainly not judging here.

Looking for an open minded discussion. Isnt the point of being on gear solely to help push through plateaus? When i came off my first cycle i worked my ass off to keep the gains i had made and then for 3 months pushed through and even gained about 5 pounds of lean mass.

I guess i am wondering where the mindset of being on that long comes from. Anyone who has done so chime in with your pros and cons and your reasons for electing to run or to have run a longer cycle.

people have different reasons why they use AAS some use it for plateaus like u said but others feel they cannot grow without its useage. It depends upon the users goals.

Well I'm up for a good discussion....I like to saty on for 16-20 weeks at a time as I feel it helps me stabilize my Bodyweight...Your body gets more used to holding that Much Body Mass Index and so therefore when you come off your body tends to hold it better

Reactions: sk*
I'm coming off too, starting my recovery tomorrow. Yes, I'm looking forward to it as well. I know I'm going to miss these freaky d-bol pumps for a while, but I know it won't be long before I'm in full swing.

After my last cycle was over, just a few weeks after recovery I felt like I was growing FAST and my physique was getting very hard. On or off gear, training hard should be fulfilling.

muscleup said:
Well I'm up for a good discussion....I like to saty on for 16-20 weeks at a time as I feel it helps me stabilize my Bodyweight...Your body gets more used to holding that Much Body Mass Index and so therefore when you come off your body tends to hold it better

Agreed.

Plus I never boatload anyway and enjoy a steady moderate increase over time which again the body can handle and maintain much better once off. I am over 2 months off my 7 month long cycle and I have maintained nearly all my gains. Bro's on this site that know me personally can vouch for me on this one. I'm even gaining now again. Sex drive and energy are high. Everything is good. Not great like when I was on but good. Plus I also take long breaks in between as well. Not going back on until around March.

Only bad thing is that I can't stay as lean as when I was on. Then again I was taking fat burners too consistently. That plus the juice helped me stay nice and lean this summer. Now I'm just a big bloated strong bastard at 230 plus. Hehehe oh well I'll start my cycle next year with cutting up in mind just as I did last year with immediate results. :D

muscleup said:

I`m with you,16-20wks works great for me.

I'm a little older (31) with low test so I am going with a long cycle. I gained a little post cycle last time, but I feel as if I am running into some 'hard' limits. I don't mind the idea of HRT a shot a week in the future either. I can fathom doing a long cycle (9months) then a yearly maint cycle after that.. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. (pun intended).

Moderate doses, no orals and consistent bloodwork and I see no reason to go off other than protect your gonads, and we have ways to make them happy as well.

Additionaly, I have a hard time fiting a liffting strategy into 12 weeks. This is just me and my opinion ony.

i wont do a cycle less than 12 weeks now.. seems like i cant grow unless im on for longer periods of time, i guess its too much juice...:)

Right now I'm 30, and last year I was only "OFF" for a total of four months. The reasoning behind the duration for me is I believe AAS are truly the fountain of youth. I have been juicing for over 7 years now and get quarterly lab workups. All my labs have been normal, and I feel as if I were still 18. I have recently read in a magazine, cant remember which one, of a guy in his 60s that has been juicing well over 30 years with perfect lab results, and his Drs. compare him to a 30 year old. Thats where I want to be when I'm his age. This is another reason why I get so pissed at the U.S. Govt for all the bullshit legislation they have passed on drugs that could truly be the fountain of youth.

Mike P.T. said:

Agreed.

Plus I never boatload anyway and enjoy a steady moderate increase over time which again the body can handle and maintain much better once off. I am over 2 months off my 7 month long cycle and I have maintained nearly all my gains. Bro's on this site that know me personally can vouch for me on this one. I'm even gaining now again. Sex drive and energy are high. Everything is good. Not great like when I was on but good. Plus I also take long breaks in between as well. Not going back on until around March.

Only bad thing is that I can't stay as lean as when I was on. Then again I was taking fat burners too consistently. That plus the juice helped me stay nice and lean this summer. Now I'm just a big bloated strong bastard at 230 plus. Hehehe oh well I'll start my cycle next year with cutting up in mind just as I did last year with immediate results. :D
yup same here...I have been off for about 9 weeks after a 5 months cycle....Will be getting cranked up again real soon...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom