Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

if you miss a meal on cycle or during PCT

I think insanity has made a point of not using this feeding regimen if you're building muscle however on a cut there seems to be a following for this kind of diet.

my strategy for comping would be high protein, good fats, and lots of green veggies. and very little carbs around your workouts, think that is far healthier option than starving yourself. plus if you work fulltime how do you go all day without food? your brain would not function and you wouldn't be able to think.. a major problem for any of us who work in white collar jobs and most blue collar too.. so something like gear would be perfect for comping, and even for you gear would be great starving yourself all day and taking gear to feed the muscles!

^^^^^ same. This is the diet I use.
High protein, moderate good fats heaps of greens and minimal carbs.

I guess unless bodybuilding is your full time job day in and day out.. other than that I don't know see how one can go 6-8 hours after waking up and not eating.. I can barely function if i don't get a solid breakfast or shake in after morning cardio, plus I like to eat to much to go through that kind of torture. I'd also feel like my muscles were wasting going to that long everyday without eating. I can understand IF but 16 hour fast daily? I mean if thats you in your ava then I guess it seems to be working, on or off cycle would make a big difference too I'm sure. Guess you never know what the body can do till you push it.

So much wrong in this thread.

If any of you would have any knowledge on this subject you wouldn't write such nonsense.

It has been proven many times that short term fasting BOOSTS memory, cognitive performance, INCREASES ENEGRY LEVELS AND CONCENTRATION (due to increased catecholamine output), blunts appetite.
All in all the body funtions better fasted than fed. This is a fact. Of course we are talking short term fasting here.

I am almost sure none of you guys has any knowledge on the subject and also pretty sure that none of you have tried fasting because you lack the discipline and willpower required to do it. Sorry that I have to say this but I hear shit like this all the time and it's always the guys who can't even give up their beloved breakfast. Then they justify this by talking nonsense like you some of you guys in this thread.

How can I function when I go 8 hours without food? With all the honesty here I function even much better when I'm without food for 24 hours or more. The longer I go the better it gets. The increased catecholamine output will put you in a great mood and allow you to concentrate way better than you have ever imagined before. Feels similar to amphetamines to me.

Brain does not function if you don't eat for a few hours? Where did you pull this one from? Come on, this is a joke right?

There has also NEVER BEEN PROVEN in any way that short term fasting causes muscle loss. This is another broscience story. Yes, there have been many studies done on this topic and no the subjects involved did not use any anabolic substances. So no, you don't need any amount of gear to retain muscle while fasting.

In fact I discovered fasting years ago while I was still at uni. Some days I would forget about food while studying and I quickly noticed how much more energy I had in the evening when I didn't eat during the day. I could easily pull an all nighter then even after already having studies for 8 hours straight whereas when I had several meals in between I was sleepy and ready to go to bed before midnight. I started doing this regularly during exam periods and it worked wonders. So much about brain not functioning.

I suggest you guys to educate yourselves properly on the subject. There's always time to learn something new :)

I agree with insanityapproved. Now I'm only an athlete so I have a lot less muscle and I'm just getting over a severe injury so I sprouted a little belly. But I also fast for 16 hours and I feel fantastic and in a great mood. I'm a supervisor for the maintenance department for a bitumen plant. (oil and gas) so i need my brain on all day. Rickrock turned me onto this diet a few months ago and I've been stoked on it ever since. Fat comes off quick, muscle is still building and lifts are getting heavier. So i don't see a downfall. I also get to sleep thru all the time you spend making breakfast and cleaning up.

I am also not on any gear, any supplements, or anything other than a protein shake a day and a proper diet that is consumed in an 8 hour window.

insanity how do you feel about cortisol? im not the 2-3 hour guy, i eat larger amounts 4-5 times a day. if i miss a meal though, i start getting a headache, i get depressed, and i get extremely angry and aggravated and cant really deal with people. is this from cortisol? did you just get over all this as your body adapted?

So much wrong in this thread.

If any of you would have any knowledge on this subject you wouldn't write such nonsense.

It has been proven many times that short term fasting BOOSTS memory, cognitive performance, INCREASES ENEGRY LEVELS AND CONCENTRATION (due to increased catecholamine output), blunts appetite.
All in all the body funtions better fasted than fed. This is a fact. Of course we are talking short term fasting here.

I am almost sure none of you guys has any knowledge on the subject and also pretty sure that none of you have tried fasting because you lack the discipline and willpower required to do it. Sorry that I have to say this but I hear shit like this all the time and it's always the guys who can't even give up their beloved breakfast. Then they justify this by talking nonsense like you some of you guys in this thread.

How can I function when I go 8 hours without food? With all the honesty here I function even much better when I'm without food for 24 hours or more. The longer I go the better it gets. The increased catecholamine output will put you in a great mood and allow you to concentrate way better than you have ever imagined before. Feels similar to amphetamines to me.

Brain does not function if you don't eat for a few hours? Where did you pull this one from? Come on, this is a joke right?

There has also NEVER BEEN PROVEN in any way that short term fasting causes muscle loss. This is another broscience story. Yes, there have been many studies done on this topic and no the subjects involved did not use any anabolic substances. So no, you don't need any amount of gear to retain muscle while fasting.

In fact I discovered fasting years ago while I was still at uni. Some days I would forget about food while studying and I quickly noticed how much more energy I had in the evening when I didn't eat during the day. I could easily pull an all nighter then even after already having studies for 8 hours straight whereas when I had several meals in between I was sleepy and ready to go to bed before midnight. I started doing this regularly during exam periods and it worked wonders. So much about brain not functioning.

I suggest you guys to educate yourselves properly on the subject. There's always time to learn something new :)

what do you do for a living?

so you are saying if i did construction work for 8 hours a day in 90 degree heat and ate nothing the whole day I would be okay without food? seriously? where would i get the energy from? how are the muscles getting fed? food is the most crucial thing before anything, whether it be an exam or a game.

you would faint if you didn't eat and worked all day. 99.9% of people on this forum have real jobs bro

Tell me Steve, how long do you think a big meal consisting of 200g's of protein and 70g's of fat is being digested? How long do you think it will keep your amino acid levels in the blood elevated?

Just give me your best guess so I see if you know what I'm talking about here.

And about the construction work - No, I did not say that. Construction workers can be classified as heavy workers meaning they do lots of physical activity. Of course fasting allows you for some - but NOT 8 hours per day, that is true! Never said that. I was talking more about mental performance (and jobs that require mainly that).

Still, after rereading what I wrote I see it may have sounded very offensive and I'm sorry to you Stevesmi aswell as all other guys. Each person has a right to their own opionion. I shouldn't have reacted this way.

Top Bottom