Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need a trainers help on a meal plan/workout plan I am doing? Is it a good one?

Okay okay I will let you know my stats lol

I am 5' 1 and 128 pounds :( 28 years old.... mommy of four boys. I have the flabby belly i want to get rid of (you know the one you get after having your wonderful loving children!) ... Here is pictures my husband took last night ...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f40/kcfl24/100_1254.jpg Front View
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f40/kcfl24/100_1255.jpg Side View

Also is it true if you take in to much protein you can gain weight? I am new to all this and really want to learn as much as I can and get my body on the right track. Thank you to everyone for your help! :)

Kristenfl said:
Okay okay I will let you know my stats lol

I am 5' 1 and 128 pounds :( 28 years old.... mommy of four boys. I have the flabby belly i want to get rid of (you know the one you get after having your wonderful loving children!) ... Here is a pictures my husband took last night ...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f40/kcfl24/100_1254.jpg Front View

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f40/kcfl24/100_1254.jpg Side View

Also is it true if you take in to much protein you can gain weight? I am new to all this and really want to learn as much as I can and get my body on the right track. Thank you to everyone for your help! :)

Well, yes if you have too many calories, you'll gain, but if you eat too few calories you wont gain any muscles and most likely store fat.
you need 5 small meals a day, spread out evenly.
As I said before, keep it simple and natural. Eggs like you had w/ vegetables or oatmeal (my favorite).
Chicken breasts with salads or vegetable, brown rice, yams.
fish. About 10 nuts as a snack, a pc of fruit. Get the idea?.
When you put fuel in the tank, you'll burn.
Use resistant training (weights) and cardio. But not cardio 2x a day. Do 35 minutes. Its preferable to do cardio on an empty stomach, then have a protein drink and one hour or 2 have a meal. Than way when you do cardio you'll be burning fat, not the food you ate.

Any other questions, please ask..

What a little cutie you are. I know all about the pooch you have left after four kids because I have four girls! :)

I want you to be patient and ask questions and realize that you will learn so many new things along the way. Don't get discouraged. I know it feels overwhelming but don't let it get you down. You WILL figure all this stuff out, just be patient.

How old are you children? Is it that you can't afford membership to a gym - there are many like you if that is the case. Or is it that any number of your kids is too young to be in the gym childcare - many MANY gyms now offer that.

Remember -
REAL whole food over powder/mixes anytime
4/5 small meals spread out over the day as opposed to larger portions
Above all - DONT GIVE UP.

This is not a *quick fix* but a real life overhaul... Rome wasn't built in a day but even the longest journey begins with the first step. :)

Thanks for your kind words!
My kids are Austin 8, Brandon 7, Tyler 4 and Sean is 2. When it comes down to the gym~ if I really wanted a membership and knew I would really go there and work out I would pay for it, but with the kids it is hard. And to be honest the gym intimidating ! I see a huge gym and don't know where to go and what to do lol. I am sure there many women like that. I have tried to get a work out partner to go with me, but it never worked out when I could go they couldn't. I just find working out at home is a lot easier on me.

Kristenfl said:
Thanks for your kind words!
My kids are Austin 8, Brandon 7, Tyler 4 and Sean is 2. When it comes down to the gym~ if I really wanted a membership and knew I would really go there and work out I would pay for it, but with the kids it is hard. And to be honest the gym intimidating ! I see a huge gym and don't know where to go and what to do lol. I am sure there many women like that. I have tried to get a work out partner to go with me, but it never worked out when I could go they couldn't. I just find working out at home is a lot easier on me.

I was a certified trainer back in the day and one of THE FIRST things that I would do is get the women out on the floor, especially in the *scary men's only weight area* LOL. I would laugh and say, "You are with THE COOLEST BROAD ON THE PLANET. What is anybody gonna say to you?" And when they would laugh I would say, "Besides if they did I'll just humiliate the crap out of them by lifting more and lifting better!" :lmao: (I was pretty strong back in the day)

Anyways, I feel you on all accounts and I remember the first time I walked into a sweaty seedy weightlifter gym over 20 years ago as a fatty pudgy teen. I couldn't even look up. I just asked how much to join, paid the 90$ for the 3 month summertime student special and literally ran out of there! hehehehehehee The gym owner took pity on me when he saw how hard I was working and clearly didn't have a clue so he told me, "If you show up here first thing in the morning I will train you for free." I was there EVERY MORNING 5 minutes before the gym opened and the rest, well it took me another 20+ years to learn.

So BE PATIENT - this is a life change. Not some quick fix overnight bandaid. OK?

Do you have access to a pool?

I have a community pool here in my complex. But it is hard for me to get to it with the kids. My husband works a lot of hour soooo there are times he is home day or night. I have Eliptical at home and 5 and 10 pound weights. I have Fit TV on cable lol with the workout shows! I record those and follow them. I really like cathe Friedrich. She really gives me a burn and I feel it when I workout with her.

I live on the second floor so I go up and down the stairs a lot here to. My neighbors think I am crazy but who cares about them lol.

Kristenfl said:
I have a community pool here in my complex. But it is hard for me to get to it with the kids. My husband works a lot of hour soooo there are times he is home day or night. I have Eliptical at home and 5 and 10 pound weights. I have Fit TV on cable lol with the workout shows! I record those and follow them. I really like cathe Friedrich. She really gives me a burn and I feel it when I workout with her.

I live on the second floor so I go up and down the stairs a lot here to. My neighbors think I am crazy but who cares about them lol.

I feel your pain LOL

I do in more ways than one... the fact that you are trying to LOOK for activity wherever you can is an EXCELLENT START.

Try to look into aquatics... it is an EXCELLENT workout - spares your joints, no risk of injury (if you are healthy otherwise) and very VERY easy to do.

One day at a time... we will get you to YOUR GOAL. :)

:wavey:

I haven't said hello yet.

Cardio is great for creating a calorie deficit, but the nice shape to the body is from weights.

Links to all the top threads - I think this section is underused, there is a lot of sample diets and training in this section
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4306989#post4306989

I also found this this morning and posted it in another thread, but to make things easier:

I found this this morning, it may be of interest to you.

When it comes to fat loss, most people embark on a program of cardio and dieting. Strength training is just an afterthought. Strength training, however, can burn just as much, if not more, fat than cardio. Why is it that people focus on cardio as their primary fat burner?

For one thing cardio does shrink you down. But it does just that: it shrinks down both your fat and muscle. You end up skinny and soft. Bodybuilders, however, want to retain or even build muscle while burning off fat. Why? A larger engine burns more fuel. Larger muscles burn more calories and more fat.

While cardio burns calories and fat when you’re performing it, high rep strength training has what is known as high EPOC or “Excess Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption.” This is a fancy term for saying how long your metabolism is elevated after exercise. Studies show that a well-designed strength program can elevate your EPOC or metabolism for up 38 hours after the workout. In other words, you continue to burn calories long after strength training. Whereas once you stop cardio, the calorie burning stops as well.

Strength training coupled with diet and cardio burns fat far more than cardio and diet alone. In bodybuilding terms, we call this “cutting up.” Bodybuilders bulk up in the off-season, gaining as much weight and muscle as possible. During pre-contest season, they strip away the fat through diet and training, which consists of weight training at higher reps with shorter rest periods. This sort of training induces a large dump of growth hormone (GH) in your body. GH is a potent fat loss hormone and a very mild anabolic.

Bikinimom~ thanks for the support... I need it! I am new to all of this and learning as I go! :) I try to find an activity in anything thats around my home since I am here most of the time. I do try to get the kids outside also (park, walks etc.), but with this FL summer here they get to hot and don't like it to much! lol

Tatyana~ Thanks for the article ! It explained a lot I didn't know or understood before. I am going to also check out that link you posted.

Any input you ladies have is very much needed and I thank you !

Top Bottom