Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I just saw the weirdest movie I've ever seen...

layinback said:
videodrome is one of my favs with debra harry(blondy) and if you liked that one check out existenz by david cronenburg. anything by cronenburg or david lynch. HUGE fan of these type movies and i will rent perfume tomorrow.

James Woods and Frankie goes to Hollywood are in it too.

heatherrae said:
I have watched 7 movies in the last 2 days. :worried:

I have to say, I just saw the weirdest movie ever. Has anyone seen the movie "Perfume."

It is almost impossible to describe how weird it got.

You better quit that. Your gonna have nightmares. :worried:

heatherrae said:
It is based on a novel.

This baby is born to a woman at a fish market. She just squats down and pops him out into a pile of rotting fish guts and kicks him to the side, stands up and keeps selling fish. She has had all stillbirths before him and doesn't even check to see if he is alive.

He starts crying and draws attention to himself. She goes to the gallows for leaving him to die.

He goes to an orphanage and everyone is creeped out by him because he is always sniffing everything. He is obsessed with scent and can name any scent.

After being sold to a tanner for a few francs, he seeks out a perfumer to teach him how to capture scent.

Then, he becomes obsessed with the natural scent of beautiful young women and how to capture that essence. His obsession drives him to murder them to capture their scent and bottle it to mix together to make the perfect perfume. He was born without a scent of his own and figures what he needs is this perfect fragrance.

Without revealing the ending, I can say that the last 10 minutes were very BIZARRE. There was a mass orgy and then a bit of cannibalism...lol.

the book is cool as hell. if anyone's ever heard the song "scentless apprentice" by nirvana, it's based off of it

heatherrae said:
It is based on a novel.

This baby is born to a woman at a fish market. She just squats down and pops him out into a pile of rotting fish guts and kicks him to the side, stands up and keeps selling fish. She has had all stillbirths before him and doesn't even check to see if he is alive.

He starts crying and draws attention to himself. She goes to the gallows for leaving him to die.

He goes to an orphanage and everyone is creeped out by him because he is always sniffing everything. He is obsessed with scent and can name any scent.

After being sold to a tanner for a few francs, he seeks out a perfumer to teach him how to capture scent.

Then, he becomes obsessed with the natural scent of beautiful young women and how to capture that essence. His obsession drives him to murder them to capture their scent and bottle it to mix together to make the perfect perfume. He was born without a scent of his own and figures what he needs is this perfect fragrance.

Without revealing the ending, I can say that the last 10 minutes were very BIZARRE. There was a mass orgy and then a bit of cannibalism...lol.

Sounds like a Bunuel film. :artist:

I have a character who can place a flower petal on his tongue and then tell you through whose garden gate it had passed. :)

@Puddle Blue Velvet was made by David Lynch

harmonica said:
Lynch also did Erasurehead which was weird as hell.....I was damn stoned when I saw it and I still didnt get it.

LOL, AND the tv series, Twin Peaks. BUT, he also did The Straight Story, which I loved. Still can't sit through his Dune, though...painful really. :evil:

LuluDeren said:
LOL, AND the tv series, Twin Peaks. BUT, he also did The Straight Story, which I loved. Still can't sit through his Dune, though...painful really. :evil:
I loved Dune....his and the one from Sci Fi.....I also have The Straight Story on VHS but I need to get it on DVD. That's a damn good movie.

harmonica said:
I loved Dune....his and the one from Sci Fi.....I also have The Straight Story on VHS but I need to get it on DVD. That's a damn good movie.

Maybe it was Kyle MacLachlan, then. I keep thinking it's K.D. Lang :worried:

Top Bottom