Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I have weitht to lose...please help

Wontonsupe

Hello everyone! I am nubie. My story is I lose 25 pounds in 5.5 months. I still have long way to go. I do lift weight, 2-5 days a week, when I can. I do aerobics days I don't lift weights. I work out after school about 3 or 4 pm. I have snack before lifting weights and then I have dinner. Don't like breakfast much. Is that a problem? I hear different stories about breakfast. Any help that you can give for what kind of diet would be best is helpful to me.

Hello everyone! I am nubie. My story is I lose 25 pounds in 5.5 months. I still have long way to go. I do lift weight, 2-5 days a week, when I can. I do aerobics days I don't lift weights. I work out after school about 3 or 4 pm. I have snack before lifting weights and then I have dinner. Don't like breakfast much. Is that a problem? I hear different stories about breakfast. Any help that you can give for what kind of diet would be best is helpful to me.

Welcome to elite we can best help you if...

There are a few of things you can do to help us get to know you so we can answer your questions:

1) In your first post please include:- your stats: weight, height, body fat.
- Your goals: what are you trying to accomplish? Do you have a date in mind?
- Your current training & cardio schedule: What’s your routine and how often you train?
- Your current meal plan: including how many meals, portions, what you eat and when you eat.
- Any salient medical concerns...

2) Read the stickies at the top of this board. They are important introduction information regarding women's fitness.
Such as training, dieting, and weight loss.
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...e-fitness-womens-forum-start-here-678961.html

3) Consider putting your meal plan into a food counts program like FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal (FREE!) so you can have a real and accurate idea of what exactly you are eating. This will give you the total calories and macronutrient breakdown (% Protein / % fat / % carbs) of your diet.

You can also get your calories, Protein, carbs and fat count at:
CalorieKing - Diet and weight loss. Calorie Counter and more

4) GET YOUR BODYFAT TESTED! You are made up of lean muscle mass and body fat. Getting "lean and toned up" is the result of how the two work together. Body fat is only half of it. It’s best to know where your body fat % is so you can work accordingly.

5) TAKE PICTURES! This is how you SEE the progress you are making. Weight and body fat are one thing, but how you look is also an important way to track progress and really appreciate even the little signs of progress. Believe me, sometimes we think we’re not making progress, but when you see the pictures from when you first started and 2, 4, 6 months later, you’ll be astounded of the changes you’ve made and that will give you enough motivation to continue.

6) Start a training & diet log – You’ll find that we all share and support each other on the forum and that will help you with your success.

Yes lifting weight will bring better results please see the following articals as to why

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...ining/weight-training-information-600068.html

By Keith Albert, one of Poliquin's guys..

Six reasons why aerobic work is counterproductive

Getting Maximum Results

As a Strength Coach and a Personal Trainer for 15 years, I’ve had a chance to see many fitness enthusiasts workout at many gyms in my local area and throughout the country. At any given gym or fitness center, the one thing that I notice is how you see the same people doing the same workouts month after month, year after year. The amazing thing is that these people continue to look the same or they are actually looking worse aesthetically. This is especially true with the constant Performance of continuous aerobic work.

What’s sad about this is that they feel like they are doing everything necessary to get the result they are looking for. They are resigned to the fact that this is how it’s going to be and there isn’t anything that can be done to correct their deficiencies. If you were to ask them what results they would like to get out of their workout, the number 1 answer is “losing weight or getting thinner.”

When I am asked what it takes to look “fitter,” the first question I ask is: “How long have you been doing your current training program?”

The usual answer I receive is “somewhere between 6 and 12 months.” The typical program they follow is “30 – 60 minutes of continuous aerobic work 3 to 5 times per week.”

Our training tells us that this is not a good approach to take for the client seeking improving results over time. World renowned strength guru Charles Poliquin has identified 6 reasons why aerobic training is counterproductive to fat loss:

(1) Continuous aerobic work plateaus after 8 weeks of training so anything more is counterproductive.

This is quite an “eye opener” for most people who immediately recognize that they may have been wasting their time for such an extended period. To quote Charles, “using this principle in preparation for the 92 Olympics, the Canadian Alpine Ski team actually surpassed the Cross-country team on aerobic scores as measured by third party University labs.” Who wouldn’t want to perform as well as the Canadian Alpine ski team?

(2) Aerobic training worsens power locally and systemically – in other words, it can make you slower.

If you are an athlete or a “weekend warrior” who likes to participate in athletic events or team sports that require speed and jumping ability, this is the last thing you want from a cardiovascular training program. Coach Poliquin adds that “the more lower body aerobic work you do, the more your vertical jump worsens. The more upper body aerobic work you do, the more your medicine ball throws worsen.”

(3) Aerobic training increases oxidative stress which can accelerate aging.

According to Endocrinologist Dr. Diana Schwarzbein (author of The Schwarzbein Principle II ,) “oxidation” is a process that forms free radicals in the body. Normally the body can neutralize free radicals with substances known as antioxidants. It is only when there is an excessive build-up of free radicals that the body cannot neutralize all of the free radicals. This leads to changes to your metabolism which can accelerate aging.

(4) Aerobic training increases adrenal stress which can make you fatter and produce other undesirable health consequences

According to Dr. James Wilson (author of Adrenal Fatigue – The 21st. Century Stress Syndrome,) “normally functioning adrenal glands secrete minute, yet precise and balanced, amounts of steroid hormones”. When one does too much continuous aerobic exercise, the adrenal glands are stressed in a way that can upset this delicate balance which could lead to adrenal fatigue. Adrenal fatigue is associated with such symptoms as: tiredness, fearfulness, allergies, frequent influenza, arthritis, anxiety, depression, reduced memory, and difficulties in concentrating, insomnia, feeling worn-out, and most importantly- with respect to this article - the inability to lose weight after extensive efforts.”

(5) Aerobic training increases body fat in stressed individuals by contributing additional stress.

If you are already going through a lot of stress in your life then adding more “stress” by doing too much continuous aerobic work will actually add more body fat thus making it hard to reach a weight-loss/body fat goal.

(6) Aerobic training worsens testosterone/cortisol ratio which impedes your ability to add fat burning lean muscle.

When the testosterone/cortisol ratio is lowered your ability to add lean muscle tissue, which helps to increase caloric expenditure, is again hampered making weight loss much more difficult. Coach Poliquin notes that “continuous aerobic work is basically exercise induced castration!”

WOW nice ton of info there SuperQ, nice job.

OP glad to see that you posted up. Believe me you will get more quality help here then anywhere else on the net! Try to be patient and follow as best you can the advice that you get. And keep in mind that you are doing more now then you were a month ago toward reaching your goal.
Keep posting and asking questions. Looking forward to following your progress on here.

Wow! Lots of infomation and lots of reading to do. I will read all that you say. Thank you so so so much. :) Not sure where to get body fat. I weight 165 lb. I stand 4.11 inxh. I did lose some like I said. I want to wear small size and look healthy with tone muscles. I give up ALL areobic now from what you say about againg and metabolism and glands. Wow. I don't want to age. I'm still very young but don't want to look old.I also trying to use a program for my calories and I think I will write down goals. Write now I jot everything down on paper but its hard to do. That's OK. I willing to work hard. Thank you so so much for advise. I eaat breakforst for: oatmeal or cereal, snack is fruit. Then I eat lucnh, sandwich tuna or lunchmeat. Sometimes yogurt snack then dinner. Chinese stir fry usually, then bed. Could I have salad or more fruit? Dont know. I also not sure if I should lift weights more or less. Thank you again everybody!

You can buy fat measuring calipers on the inter net. Mine are Accu Measure and plenty good enough for my concerns. I think they were like $9.00. This one is very easy to use as you take a measurement at only one spot, that same spot every time.

one problem!
do one thing different and youll see results
do cardio in the A.M. before you eat anything drinking water is ok
walk quickly and walk uphill do 30 min a day
do it 6 weeks and youll add 20 pounds less or more then that depending on the type of diet you have

Oh, no. I don't do aerobics no more. It causes ageing and glands get messed up. I stay away from that now and I will lift weihts.

Oh, no. I don't do aerobics no more. It causes ageing and glands get messed up. I stay away from that now and I will lift weihts.

You can do both you don't need to pick on or the other walking on treadmill at a moderate pace high incline empty stomach is a great suggestion

Burning fat is not all about the food you eat. You also have to undertake exercises to burn fat quickly and easily. Why?

To keep fit, exercise helps you to burn calories and raises your metabolism rate. It also makes us feel good although perhaps not at the start of an exercise program. Most people find that whilst they feel that they have done a lot during the day, they haven’t actually been physically active. Driving your kids from one location to another is not the same as going swimming or running. On short trips, try walking instead of driving. It is much healthier for you, for your kids and for the environment.

One of the best types of exercise for burning fat quickly and easily is walking but you have to walk at least 10,000 steps a day. Don’t worry; you don’t have to walk all these steps in one go. You can do them over the whole day. Invest in a pedometer rather than trying to guess whether you are achieving this milestone. Walking also helps to prevent or reduce health problems by reducing your cholesterol levels.

To get more exercise in your life, pick something you enjoy doing or always wanted to do and sign up for a class. Forget about picking an exercise that will lose the most weight. You are more likely to succeed if you enjoy what you are doing. Try and rope a friend into coming with you as you are less likely to back out on the class.

Aerobic exercises such as walking, swimming and jogging is the most important type of exercise for your health but resistance training is excellent for toning and shaping your body. So why not try to combine a mixture of both into your life. You could go swimming or jogging or walking for twenty minutes every day and then two or three times a week to some resistance training.

You don’t have to join a gym. You can work out at home using bags of sugar or water bottles as weights. There are some great DVD’s on the market that will help to inspire and motivate you as well as teach you the correct techniques. Always take care to follow the warm up and cool down guidelines as you do not want to incur any injuries.

If you don’t fancy embarking on your own home program, find an exercise class or coach at a health centre near you. Exercise classes are a great way to meet likeminded people and open up a whole new social life other than drinking and eating out.

An exercise coach is an expert who can give you advice on the best routines but also on your diet and other lifestyle issues. A holistic approach works best when trying to burn fat as exercise on its own won’t work if you are still overeating or eating the wrong food types.

There is no doubt that exercising to burn fat quickly will help you achieve your slim new figure.

just to lose the weight by itself...

this is what you do.
do 30 min treadmill in the morning on a carb depleated meaning when doing treadmill there should only be water in your system do 30 minutes uphill incline level and do fast walking speed not running
do that for 6-8 weeks and you pretty much would have met your goal...

as far as eating and what to eat and a s far as a training and what to train..... thats a whole other story...

Top Bottom