Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to test if a carb blocker works ..

mojokid

I just had a revelation. I'm not exactly sure on all the 'technical' apsects. Please Utler, Macrophage, etc tell me if I'm wrong.

Say you are in a state of ketosis, and to test the carb blocker, you test your 'state' of ketosis with a keto strip, to see how 'deep' into it you are.

Take the recommended dosage of the suspect carb blocker with 8 oz of water and then consume a food with a moderate amount of carbohydrates ( I wouldn't go too crazy because even if it might work chances are it's not going to block like 15+g of carbs at one time ) wait a little bit for the carb blocker to 'work' , then do another keto strip test.

Now I'm pretty sure that a moderate intake and conversion of carbs to glucose for use as fuel in your body would make you exit keto stage left, so if after this test you are still in a state of ketosis, then you can reasonably assume that the carb blocker did its job.

Now I know that all keto strips aren't super accurate or there may be other things happening that affect the test, but I mean if you use the same brand strips and it still tells you that you are in ketosis, like I said it's reasonable to assume the carb blocker works ( if it's really 10:00am on one clock but another clock says 11:00am, 5 minutes later one clock will read 10:05 am and the other 11:05 am, even though one clock is 'wrong' reporting the correct time, it still is accurate in telling you that five minutes expired from the last reading )

Anyway, if I'm on the right path here, noting the exact change of 'shade' in your test, you can measure how 'well' the carb blocker worked, and then subsequently how many more grams it would take of carbs to take you completely out of ketosis.

I plan to test this as soon as I get some testing strips. It's funny really I accidentally slipped into ketosis from not eating enough food for 2 days and I was searching on here for some reasons why I felt so tired, my muscles hurt 'but' I was losing fat, and from researching, I found I was in ketosis ( also was relieved to find out this was the source of my bad keto breath! )

If you test this, make sure you do a 'control' test first where you do eat the same amount of the same carbs at the same time of day, and keep your diet and fluid intake for the previous 24 hours exactly the same, but DON'T take the carb blocker. You must do this first so you have something to compare the carb blocker to.

What kind of carb blocker are you talking about??

It's called Carb Eliminator and contains Phaseolamin which I belive is the only standardized extract from the Phalus Vulgaris ( or whatever that plant is called ) amoung other things which aid in carb cravings and hi low blood sugar levels.

If anyone else tries this, please post your experience. I know that gymnema sylvestre does curb your appetite for carbs, when I take it I don't long for sweets, but tomorrow with the arrival of my low carb foods, I will have sweets in the form of low carb bars, cookies, there are a whole bunch of foods made with low carbs specifically for people on a low carb diet, same type of food you find everywhere.

Carbs are 'everywhere', we must be on the look out!

carbs are everywhere, i agree!
PLEASE keep me posted, i was just thinking about buying some pills. BTW where did you get them and how much $$$ did they cost.

I forget exactly where I got them. I have a few, some from e-bay. I got 5 bottles for 4 dollars each, they have the Phaeseus Vulgaris in it, not the standardized extract, and some other ingredients which seem helpful.

The last one I got was Carb Eliminator, which has Phaeseolamin (sp?) the standardized extract also with a few more ingredients to help with blood sugar spikes, etc.

They haven't arrived yet, also my keto strips haven't arrived yet, they should sometime next week. I will post my results!

try keto sicks (check with Ulter, he's a member usually over at the Anabolic board that knows a lot about this shit)

Before you try

OK--you're onto something but missing a piece of the puzzle. Consider this before you blow your ketosis--the major ingrediant works by stopping the pancreas from producing the enzyme amalyse (i can't spell so hopefully that was close enough).

But unfortunately there is almost always a small amount of amalyse in the body (as well as lipase and protease). See not only does it come from your pancreas but from all raw foods-ie lettuce or any fruit etc. and in abundant amounts, what is not used remains in your system for the next meal.

The role of enzymes are much more complex than that of insulin (with respect to digestion). See insulin has nothing to do with the digestive process. It's only function with the food in your stomache is to grab every last bit of glucose it shuttle it along to be used or stored. Enzymes though, will help break apart the food, pull the nutrients and vitamins out and make them available for the body, and eat away at the waste byproducts and help your body eliminate. This takes hours, insulin starts grabbing glucose within minutes of ingesting glucose.

So here's the bottom line--while I do believe carb blockers work they cannot stop the insulin response, that's why the bottle says will block X number of calories from carbs and nothing about will neutralize insulin or maintaining ketosis. The other ingrediants will help prevent insulin spikes (a little) but still you will break ketosis. Also eating raw foods and taking a carb blocker is a waste of money--every raw food has enough of it's own enzymes to digest itself and some of the cooked food you eat, doesn't need the body's help. So if you took a blocker then ate some watermelon--you just wasted your money!

Top Bottom