Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how often do you work those damn abs?

abs

• once a week

Votes: 52 31.3%
  • 3-4 times a week

Votes: 77 46.4%
  • every day

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • never... due to good genetics and great diet.

Votes: 25 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
rnch said:
i know i'll get flamed big time for posting this.........

4/6/8 pak abs don't impress me all that much...i perfer to see (and have) pumped up pecs, bis, traps, quads, calves and glutes instead.

Regardless of how impressive abs may or may not be, a strong core is essential to lifting any real weight. Overhead, on your back, or off the floor. Heavy weight brings out core imbalances very quickly IMO.

I like weighted decline work, and standing DB oblique stuff.... I also do some Kettlebell work like Turkish Getups...they seem to call on the core quite a bit.

I would train abs probably 3x a week before a competition, hypothetically speaking.

I work a very physical job and combined with basic lifting don't feel the need to do any.

Those that do alot of manual labor in their daily tasks may or may not agree with my view, but my abs are functionally pretty damn strong from this work and the heavy lifting only accentuates it.

If I didn't work such a physically demanding job (shoveling, picking heavy things up and/or carrying them too, pick and sledge swinging) then I would do them regularly.

Only once a week. Most women I know who do a ton of ab work have thick middles. Tight, but thick. I like my little waist.

al420 said:
Regardless of how impressive abs may or may not be, a strong core is essential to lifting any real weight. Overhead, on your back, or off the floor. Heavy weight brings out core imbalances very quickly IMO.

I like weighted decline work, and standing DB oblique stuff.... I also do some Kettlebell work like Turkish Getups...they seem to call on the core quite a bit.
i agree.but one can have a "strong core" of tight abs and still not have the washboard 4/6/8 pak that so many kids think is the untimate symbol of attractiveness.

rnch said:
i agree.but one can have a "strong core" of tight abs and still not have the washboard 4/6/8 pak that so many kids think is the untimate symbol of attractiveness.

We need to hunt these kids down and eliminate them one by one one...
then divide the hot chicks amongst ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom