Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how often do you work those damn abs?

abs

• once a week

Votes: 52 31.3%
  • 3-4 times a week

Votes: 77 46.4%
  • every day

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • never... due to good genetics and great diet.

Votes: 25 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do 700 sit ups every other day and work with weights with my obliques. Many people tell me 700 is too much and I can get results by working with weights. The main key for good abs, which I found out first hand recently, is to maintain somewhat less body fat. I had to lose 15 pounds over the summer with extreme/intense cardio and after losing the weight, I got the abs I wanted. I always had the muscles, but it was hiding under that belly fat. The hardest part is lacking of the fat to keep the abs visible.

MadMetal said:
I do 700 sit ups every other day and work with weights with my obliques. Many people tell me 700 is too much and I can get results by working with weights. The main key for good abs, which I found out first hand recently, is to maintain somewhat less body fat. I had to lose 15 pounds over the summer with extreme/intense cardio and after losing the weight, I got the abs I wanted. I always had the muscles, but it was hiding under that belly fat. The hardest part is lacking of the fat to keep the abs visible.

700? you dont have do that much. sounds more boring than watching paint dry.

MadMetal said:
way to much....unless you lose the fat even 1000 sit ups wont reveal the elusive abs....

true ..losing fat is very important...but abs workout would show definition..

I agree. I try to keep below 5% bf, and have a great 6-pack with veins showing clearly. But if I don't work the abs HARD, my 6-pack bulges out and wouldn't be flat. It takes tight abs to hold the belly flat, despite how little body fat you have. Maybe that has something to do with my age (43), but I don't remember ever having a completely flat stomach without work, even at 15.

Charles

you dont maintain below 5%bf

soz if it sounds rude, but i dont think u are aware of just how low that is

even guys on stage struggle to come out under 5%

I don't take it as rude... No problem. I was shocked myself when I was tested with a number that low for the first time. I've had all 3 types of tests; underwater, mathematical by measurement & weight, and the newest one that I don't know exactly how it works but they put electrodes on feet & hands, and combine that with weight, bone density (dexa scan) results, and size. In the most recent tests, I'm at 4.3 on one test, and 5.3. I set my goal at below 5, I'll keep in action and not get lazy. There are problems too, with having the number that low. #1 for most of us on this forum, is that it's probably near impossible to build bulk with that kind of body fat level. But for me, that's OK. I'm into motocross, and if I get over 190 or 200 lbs, I start getting clumsy on the bike. The other problem is that if I get sick, I could be more subject to malnutrition with no fat reserve. Knowing that, I'd take precautions if I do get sick, to get medical help earlier with nutrition.

I should also mention that I'm in a competition with myself to see how low I can get it, so this thread happened to come up at a time when I can brag. It's probably not going to be below 5% anymore by Christmas...

Charles

f.e

could u post pics? just becuase id be really impressed to see that level of bf%

just coz most pro bodybuilders on stage sit around or above the 4-5%bf mark when on diureitcs and constant anti es and in a dehydrated state, plus they only stay this lean for a period of 2-3days

plus the lowest bf% ever recorded was just below 4% on stage by a bodybuilder

so i really do find it har to believe even if you are being completely honest becuase that level of bf is considered not to be maintainable

When I was on the wrestling team I was 6.7%, one of my friend's was 4.8%. Now granted we were skinny as shit ( I was 5'9 135, don't remember what he was) There was also another kid that was like 85 pounds, don't remember his height, but anyway the test said he was under 3% basically they had to add a percentage point or 2 to get a readout at 3%. He was not a health kid either, he looked like he was out of a concentration camp.

Point being: In a person with a good amount of muscle mass, anything below 8 is very hard to get, 5% is ridiculous. But if you are low on muscle and bone mass, it's not hard to get pretty damn low bodyfat percentages.

Point being: In a person with a good amount of muscle mass, anything below 8 is very hard to get, 5% is ridiculous. But if you are low on muscle and bone mass, it's not hard to get pretty damn low bodyfat percentages.

That's the case with me. I'm not that big (avatar pic is within the past 3 months), but my bone structure and bone density is good. I've been as skinny as 129 lbs at 6', and actually had a higher body fat then, than I have had lately. There are other factors involved too, which are mecically-related.

Charles

I agree with the diet. If you have too much fat around the middle, it doesn't matter how much you work the abs. Your hard work won't show.

I do mine at least twice a week. Did you get better results by working your abs more often, provided of course, you have had a proper diet?

I do mine 4 times a week. The reason being if you want to squat big weights you need a strong core. If you have a weak link in the chain it will break.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom